1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BS Covers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zagnut, Mar 21, 2009.

1. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    Not really sure where to post this, but I'm guessing here since they're amp covers.

Anyone use their covers? Quite reasonably priced and look decent. Wondering what kind of quality they are.
    http://www.bscovers.com/

2. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    Anybody?

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    They look pretty decent to me and the price isn't bad. Never used them, though.

4. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I have a really nice Studio Slip clamshell cover. I highly recomend them. Sorry I don't have any experience with the BS ones.

5. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    That's what I was thinking. Price is good and should keep the cats away. Of all the places they list on their site where people use their covers, I figured there'd be a couple here. Only thing I don't like, and to inform any TB'ers that may consider ordering some, is it appears they are made to order. After looking at reviews on their Ebay store, turn around on an order is about 3 weeks. I couldn't find any info saying this on their website, so FYI. I'll be ordering one next week unless a couple people come forth and say they're garbage.

6. texxlok

texxlok

Jun 22, 2011
    I've been ordering from the guys at BS Protection for your expensive gear off and on for the past 6 years. It's good stuff... High quality and a lot less expensive than the other amp cover makers I've seen!

7. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I just ordered one for my mb112. I will let you know after i get it.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    One post, join date today. Link to site. Exclamation point. Hmmmm ...

9. I have these on about ten of my amps and cabs. I love them, for the price you can't beat it with a stick. You'll only be disappointed if you want the ultra-suave thickly padded rubberized version some manufacturers are making. BS uses a thinner but tough black canvas. Their covers are strictly for dust protection, although I never thought the thicker versions provided protection from much else anyway, maybe liquids, but the canvas weave is so tight on the BS covers I bet liquid would roll off. BS very carefully adheres to the dimensions provided by the customer. They have a great graphic dimension page you complete as you order. If they haven't made your particular cover before, you need to take careful measurements for them to use. They embroider the make/model of the amp or cab on the front lower right, and if you remind them to do so, they will even sew dust flaps over the handle openings. Top-notch covers for not much coin.

10. dhomer

dhomer Commercial User

Apr 9, 2009
    Hickory Corners, MI
    Owner, Gigmaster Soundworks, Auth. greenboy designs builder, MI
    Saw the thread, at first I thought it was an attempt at career preservation... closely related to covering one's behind....

11. I ordered a couple of these covers last month, recieved them within 2 weeks. Very nice for the price. :hyper:

12. dluoma

dluoma

Feb 19, 2009
    Minnesota
    Did you get the cover your ordered? How long did it take?
    I ordered two covers for my eden d210xst mid November and have not heard back from them other that an email saying the received my order. I am concerned I got took. I have emailed them numerous time over the las week and have got no respose. A little reserch on the internet and i found a "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau. The adress listed there is not the factory on their website. it is a residence owned by Tony and Cheryl Watson with no afilliation to the company that i can tell. Their phone number listed on my credit transaction is 832-928-2475. Moble phone and no answer when called.
    I hope they are legit. I am gonna give them a little more time to get back to me.

13. dls59

dls59 Supporting Member

I ordered a cover for my Micro VR and received in a couple or three weeks. Decent cover, great price. Not padded in any way, but it will keep the dust off and prevent scratches. I ordered a cover for my cabinet about three weeks ago. Haven't heard anything after the confirmation of order received. Maybe it's because of the holiday rush. I don't know. I've been thinking about contacting them for a ship date confirmation.

14. dluoma

dluoma

Feb 19, 2009
    Minnesota
    if you haver any luck contacting them let me know. i sent them 5 emails over the last week with no response and today i left a voice message at the phone number i listed.

15. dluoma

dluoma

Feb 19, 2009
    Minnesota
    Just got a shipping notification from BS Enterprises @ 28823 Raestone ST Spring, TX 77386-5442. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease. There is still something weird with them concealling there location. I checked the address and it is a residence owned by Joseph Hinkle. I'll let you know if I get the goods and the quality. It would have been nice if they replied to my emails though. I smell fish.

16. Subscribed, I was just about to order a cover for my GK MB150E but I'm going to hold of until your deal is worked out and resolved.

17. dluoma

dluoma

Feb 19, 2009
    Minnesota
    Got my covers yesterday. The quality of material seems good and so does the stitching. Looks like the material is waterproof, which is what I was looking for. The fit is excellent and I like that they included the make and model on them. Price was cheap.
    Now the bad....the holes for the handles are off by inches. I can still grab them but they don't line up well at all. I might have to velcro some flaps on there. About a month to get them, no complaints there. There site says they ship in a week. When I emailed them it took about a week to get a response that said they shipped. Don't expect any customer service. Their location is a mystery and I doubt the information on their site is truthful. Most likely made overseas.
    If I had to do it over I would have spent the extra cash and got covers from someone else. Live and learn I guess.

Attached Files:

18. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    I suggest asking for a refund due to the discrepancy. When they don't respond, report them all to the BBB.

19. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Ya, the business seems shady at the least.

Do the handles line up if you turn the cover around? Like they printed the logo on the wrong side.

20. dluoma

dluoma

Feb 19, 2009
    Minnesota
    The holes line up worse the other way. I did find some info on the bbb and they have had complaints. The trouble is they have no phone number and their address listed on their site is someone's house. I Google it. Found out after the fact. I doubt the bbb will have any better luck contacting them, but I do plan on emailing them with my complaint and dissatisfaction.