1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buffalo, NY... Setup

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Mr.Phil, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Mr.Phil

Mr.Phil

Apr 9, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Hey... I was wondering if anyone knew of a good setup shop in the Buffalo, NY area. I need to have a new sound post installed and I'm a little weary of just trying the yellow pages. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    -Phil

2. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    There's Marc Monaco:

Monaco's Violin Shop
    2333 Niagara Falls Blvd.
    Amherst, NY 14228
    716-691-4940.

Boyd Jacklyn is an excellent violin luthier, I don't know if he speaks bass though:

Boyd Jacklin
    422 Niagara Falls Blvd.
    Buffalo, NY 14223
    716-837-1684

Same with Joseph's:

Joseph's Violin Shop
    3764 Seneca St.
    West Seneca, NY 14224
    716-677-6545

And you can always visit us outside Rochester if you're in a driving mood. 585-377-9560.

3. Mr.Phil

Mr.Phil

Apr 9, 2005
    Upstate NY
    Thank you very much for the reply. I'll call around tomorrow and see what I can figure out. Rochester would be a bit of a haul for this adventure, but when I'm in the market for another upright, I'll definately come and check it out Thanks again!
    -Phil

4. prelims222

prelims222

Sep 20, 2004
    Southeast US
    Hey Mr. Phil,

It's your bass, and you want to take good care of it. Paul and Jesse up in Rochester did a great job on my old bass when I was living in Buffalo. It's only a bit more than an hour and well worth it. Otherwise, your next best bet is heinls in Toronto and I don't know what getting over the border with a bass is like right now.

Boyd is an excellent violin guy, and I know a dude who takes his Testore Bass to him for minor tweaks, but I would go with Paul if I can.

5. kontrabass

kontrabass

Sep 29, 2004
    What ever happened to Mr. Bresciani?

His website is down and his principal position is up for grabs. What gives?

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021