Buzzard Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Anti_Wish, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    i have been thinking about purchasing the status buzzard bass and would like to know if anyone has ever played it? i don't like the warwick ones too much. just didn't sound right.
  2. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Status makes a version of the Buzzard? I thought only Warwick was making those. Got a link?
  3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The Status version is a more faithful reproduction of JE's actual basses, and are built exactly as they were when he played them. The Warwick models use different woods, and some even have bolt-on necks - John's were always neck-through.
  4. ...the Alembic version? Some serious talk between Entwistle and Alembic was going on about building one for himself, but sadly... :(
    (well, you know the rest of this story)

This one is called the Dragon's Wing BTW:

5. lsimy

lsimy Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    That's Tim's site. He's got a great resource there for the Buzzard. As for neck-through Warwick's, which are what Entwistle played in the 80's and early 90's, they are available through Warwick as the Buzzard 2003 LTD. Very nice basses. My article about meeting Hans from Warwick and discussing the Buzzard is there on Tim's Buzzard site as well.
  6. Actually, not all of John's basses were N/T. Status did a Buzzard 2, with a more traditional shape, bolt-on, there is a pic on Status' site where John is playing it...