1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin's Customer Service - PRIMO!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vinxbass, Oct 8, 2009.

1. After exclusively using Carvin gear for over 3 yrs. I've finally have run into a problem with my BX500 bass head that I've owned since early Feb. 09'. It's shutting down and going into protect mode for about 5 seconds then coming back on.

I called Mike the manager of the Carvin Sacramento store and explained my situation to him. He put in a phone call to his superiors and they told him to swap me out a brand new BX500 - can't beat that.

Carvin has taken very good care of me over the last 3 yrs and I just wanted to share this with everyone.

2. Moe Monsarrat

Moe Monsarrat Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Austin, Tx.
    Endorsing artist:Regenerate Guitar Works Carvin, Micheal Kelly Guitars
    They are very good about things like that. It surprised me at first.

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I have an LB76 Carvin bass. The electronics went out on me a few months after purchase. They sent me brand new EVERYTHING and paid a tech to put it all in. Top notch service all the way.

4. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    My dealings with Carvin's CS is similiar. Just make sure you do it by phone and get a rep's name. Emailing them never seems to be as good.

5. Good to hear.

I'm having popping noises when I use the Mute and Graphic EQ switches on my BX1200. The louder I'm turned up, the louder the popping noise. I e-mailed Carvin's Service Dept. on Tuesday, so I hope to have an e-mail response waiting for me when I get home. Otherwise, my amp is working just fine.

6. So, you think I should call their Service Dept. then?

7. jnewmark

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    See my post above yours.

8. jnewmark

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    When I was having problems with my BX500 head, I actually talked to the head of CS and had his own telephone # at Carvin. Things got resolved quick !

9. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    I use a small (100 watt) single 15" Carvin combo as my practice amp. After about 5 years it started blowing fuses. I called Carvin tech support & they knew right away what was wrong with it, even though it was a discontinued product by then. They gave me the part number of the IC I needed to replace, and they even told me where I could find them pretty cheap on eBay. Sure enough, $10 and a few minutes with a soldering iron had me up and running again!

10. Moe Monsarrat

Moe Monsarrat Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Austin, Tx.
    Endorsing artist:Regenerate Guitar Works Carvin, Micheal Kelly Guitars
    It's always better to call. Make sure you get the name of whoever you speak with. Even if the amp is totally burnt they will usually do something good about repair or replacement. They actually seem to care.

11. If I don't receive an e-mail response today, then I'll probably call them tomorrow.

Thanks, guys.

12. Reading all of your testimonies is a major factor of why I've purchased alot of Carvin gear over the last 3 yrs. Made in USA, reliable CS is very important too me. When you need them, they're there for you - that's what really counts IMHO.:smug:

13. TRob1293

TRob1293

Feb 1, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    ...called them yesterday to ask questions about amps and extension cabs (bass and guitar) and talked to Ed (I think).
    Carvin absolutely rocks in 'phone' CS (email bites tho). Ed (I think his name was, um - is) was a ton of help and answered all my questions without ever once asking me if I was a current, previous, or past customer.

Note - I have the BX510N combo and my son has the X212B guitar combo. and I was asking best 'matching' cabs for possible future expansion.

14. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Good to know as I just bought one of their EM900 IEM systems (believe it or not I'm selling my Shure PSM200 to buy one of these). Reviews on these are very favorable and it's very comforting to know that their CS is stellar!

15. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Be wary of those EM900s - they are not made my Carvin and Carvin does not support them except to replace them in the 90 day warranty period. I've been round and round with their support but I refuse to buy an IEM product with a 90 day warranty :)

16. tonester

tonester

Jun 1, 2009
    chicago il
    commercial user
    carvin has been great with me.a couple months back i ordered a 410 cab got in in the house pluggged it in and a speaker was buzzing,i called them no questions asked they sent me a new one.also i have an r 1000 with the tube pre amp it was shutting down on me also and this amp has not been made in a while,i sent to them they fixed free of charge,im very happy with carvin

17. Lync

Lync

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I had an experience where my amp was a blem and they discounted my price to offset it (with no issues). Great service, good products, and competitive pricing from an American company (LoudAmpeg take note).

18. I haven't received an e-mail response yet, so it looks like I'll have to call them when I make the time...

19. For whatever reason, they just don't seem to do e-mail well. I have always gotten great service over the phone, though. FWIW.

20. jufros

jufros

Nov 24, 2008
    I used to play keyboards in a touring band with a Carvin endorsement. They were absolutely the best people to work with. One time, one of my speakers went bad on tour, and Carvin not only replaced the speaker, but paid the express shipping to have it sent to our next gig. They're great people that make quality products that rarely go bad. But when you do have a problem, Carvin definitely goes out of their way to accommodate you.