1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cherie?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Depth_Charge, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Does anyone know how Cherie and her Mum are doing??

I haven't heard or seen much from her lately on TB? Still thinking about it and hoping it's all OK over there!!

2. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    {{{{{{{{{{{HUGS!!!}}}}}}}}}}}

Mom's ok for now. She still is very depressed, and won't get up much. However, my cousin is working on getting some more Home Health folks to her, and my aunt and I are trying to keep Mom at least receptive to help. She's ticked off at us, but she's making the attempt to go along, so that's good.

She won't quit smoking, and she won't eat right, and I think that battle is lost. Better to negotiate what care we can for her, and leave her bad habits alone. She figures she's old, and has lived a good life, and should have her "small pleasures" as she calls them. Which means we'll soon see more health problems, but I guess that's the breaks, and what she wants. Sigh.

I'll be going back to see her again before school starts again. She needs to see the kids. I know it would perk her up, at least for a while.

Catching up big-time at work, so haven't posted much, but I'm lurkin', and posting when I can.

Muchos besos to you and yours!

Cherie :)

3. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Wishes of strength and peace to you and your family from So Cal.

4. wishing nothing but p-funk

for funk not only moves but removes

5. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Thanks, hon. We'll be needing them over the coming months. She's not going to get any better, I'm afraid. The task now is to keep her as comfortable and safe as we can, and to visit as often as possible. Nothing else to be done. Sigh.

Cherie

6. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Funk is a gift from God! :)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS!!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

7. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    Thanks for the update Cherie. I've been wondering how you've been.

I'm still sending good thoughts your way!

8. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    You and yours will be in my wife and I's prayers, blessings on you for being such a good daughter!!!!!! John

9. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Man.... this really reminds me of my grandmother. She's so old and frail, and her health is SHOT... but she still smokes at 88 with an OXYGEN TANK IN THE SAME ROOM. Got her puffer, her inhalers, and constant O2 feed through her nose, yet she doesn't care. Chugs her cancer sticks and watches all her terrible television shows, waiting to die.

Cherie... do what you can to change your mother's spirits. Bringing the grandchildren around should hopefully perk her up, and remind her that life is worth living. Please.

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I've got a pile of soft cute cuddly little kitten that I'm sending your way. Each one represents a good thought from me. I've got them set up in a giant catapult and I'm about to cut it cord and let her rip. Just curious. You got a longitude/latitude for me Cherie? :p

11. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Thank you, sugar.

12. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I hope you didn't think I was serious. You know I've got nothing but good thoughts for you and your situation with your mom out here. I really don't have a catapult with kittens in it.

13. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Thank you, and tell your wife a said thanks, also.

I was a rotten teenager. Made her worry a lot. I owe her the time and the effort, now...she spent it on me, sitting up late at night, waiting for me to get back safely from drinking with my friends in Mexico. Now, its my turn to worry and get after her to take care of herself, and do what I can for her. At this point, it looks like that involves making her comfortable, and sending/bringing her pictures and my daughter's paintings and getting the kids there this summer. We'll be going in July. :)

{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Cherie

14. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Just point it towards Central Texas and let 'er go! All cats end up at my nextdoor neighbors' house, so they'll be fine. ;)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS!!!}}}}}}}}}}}

15. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Oh honey, I know you better than that! I know you are really sending good thoughts. San flying kitties!

Still. I will alert the neighbors to look for a 20% chance of kittens in the afternoon, with scattered Thundercats possible by evening, triggered by daytime heating, and catapults.

LOL!

Cherie :ninja: ;) :D :bag:

16. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Best wishes to you Cherie, I hope she can live the rest of her life the way that she wants, surrounded by her loved ones.

17. three cheers for the grand illusion and Miz Cherie B.

18. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    :p :p

Love having you around Cherie. Hang in there.

19. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Tobacco is a very, very heavy-duty addiction for some folks. I know it is for me. I keep trying to shake it...but have not succeeded. A percussionist girlfriend of mine and I are going to try and be support buddies. We start Monday. I'm going to be in a car with my husband, in Houston and Galveston, all weekend, so trying to quit today would be, like, insane. Utter madness. He smokes like a dragon, and its his 25th h.s. reunion. So...come Monday...time to get back in the saddle and try again.

Your grandmother may feel that its too late for her, so she may as well smoke. I know that's how my Mom feels. She even said to the doctor, "Let me go outside and smoke! If it breaks that clot loose, oh well. I've lived long enough."

Sigh. Oi.

I told her if she just *had* to smoke, she ought to have a toke, because at least it would make her feel nice and spark her appetite. She glared at me. And then laughed at the idea of her tokin' down. LOL! Hey, we made her laugh!

I'll be back there with the kids in July. That should help a lot.

20. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Priceless! :D

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021