Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chicks at Shows #9: Bring at Least Six

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by plankspanker13, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spring is spring, de grass is ris' -and there's certainly a few more good things coming up here. No need to wonder where "da boidies is." The Chicks at Shows saga goes ever-onward. Here's the previous thread, if you need it, but, as is the custom, we begin the 9th thread in this series with the best of CAS#8, as determined by your comments and re-posts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OP: giacomini

[​IMG]

OP: Lesfunk

[​IMG]

OP: coop

[​IMG]

OP: andysvec

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OP: ez-rhino

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OP: basskababble

[​IMG]

OP: doctorpunch

[​IMG]

OP: GtenderG

[​IMG]

OP: TBird1958

[​IMG]

OP: Frankjohnson

[​IMG]

OP: FunkyMan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OP: lowend219

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OP: Rocksolid

[​IMG]

OP: passin wind

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OP: nemo

[​IMG]

OP: QORC

[​IMG]

OP: munjibunga

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OP: plankspanker13

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OP: Noonan768

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OP: the yeti

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OP: JimB52

[​IMG]

OP: britainblues

[​IMG]

OP: Lublin

Pix are grouped by OP, not always the order of appearance in the last thread (although I generally adhere to that). Now you know whom to be most jealous of, when wishing for great gigs.

Alas, wateroftyne's lovely Christmas show pix are no-longer visible via their original links. They would have made this litany, if they were still available. We loved them. The same is also true of the lovelies in the Crown Royal bag suit pix.

Just for clarity's sake: A gal is "best of" when she is re-posted by a minimum of 3 others, and the image has to clearly be show-related (no modeling portfoloio shots, unless it's clearly at a gig, and no reposting of the hotties from the SnorgTees ads). There is an allowance for fairness to lovelies who first appear on page 48 of a CAS thread, or later. They need 2 reposts in their original thread, and are given the first 5 pages of the new thread for 2 more, upon which they are (dirty ol') "grandfathered" in to the HOF that starts the new thread.

After this thread, and the CAS#10 that is sure to follow, I plan to have a (hopefully quickly) closed "Best of CAS 1-10 Hall of Fame" thread, and turn the reins over to a fellow keeper of the flame (who is yet TBD). It can take the better part of 2 uninterrupted hours to honestly tabulate and assemble the HOF's, but I have kept the code for the HOF posts, since I started them in CAS#6, and thus, the Best of 1-10 will be easy as...a certain notorious EHX pedal.

Let the enjoyment continue, and remember to keep those hands on the keyboard, where we can see 'em. Share some loveliness from your own shows, too. Don't forget to play by the moderator's rules:

"Don't post pictures of underage (18 or younger) women. Don't post pictures of your 14 y.o. niece or g/f from your brother's wedding. If you are in doubt, don't post it. If a mod is in doubt, it's gone. Generally, we assume ladies in bars are of age of consent.

This is a 'Chicks at Shows' thread series, please don't post random pics off the internet, whether from your brother's Harley shop, or www.hotchick.ccom or whatever. Especially not from your radio controlled helicopter forum 'Hot Chicks' thread and the like.

Finally, do not post pics of exposed genitalia or nippleage. The TB rule is that if it is acceptable for Prime Time TV, it is usually acceptable here. If in doubt, don't post the image."

2. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Just leapfrogging this one to the top so hopefully people see there's a new thread (it's currently BELOW #8).

3. Register_To_Disable

4. An assemblage of the best. What a great way to start off the day at work. Thank you. Two thumbs up!

5. pharmakon

pharmakon

Jun 15, 2010
    Florida
    My browser needs an auto-scroll option :D

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Just download the photos and make a slideshow! :D

7. capnsandwich

capnsandwich Supporting Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    #9 already! At this rate we'll catch up to the Lakland Owners Group thread.

8. butchblack

butchblack Life is short. Do good. Find and do what you love.

Jan 25, 2007
    Waltham Massachusetts
  9. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Oops, I recently got rid of the domain the Crown Royal All Star pics were originally hosted on. You're welcome to hot link one or both from this post into the HOF thread, or not. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Nothing but the dreaded red X appears where the photos should be, in the above post, on both of my 'puters. Houston, we still have a problem.

11. the yeti

the yeti

Nov 6, 2007
    raleigh, nc
    ^ i see 'em. 'specially the woman in the yellow coat.

12. I now see 'em too. Must've been a server issue. I'll get 'em grandfathered in, since they rightly deserved it.

13. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Cool. I fixed the links in the last thread while I was at it. We could just delete this whole exchange if you want?

14. Some friendly college girls from last night's gig:
    [​IMG]

I had to get out on the dance floor, how could I resist?
    [​IMG]

15. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    The brunette for the WIN.

16. But there is quality content in the CAS thread = significant difference... :bag: :D

17. the yeti

the yeti

Nov 6, 2007
    raleigh, nc
    easy now. some of those pics are (almost) just as stunning as these. kinda.

18. capnsandwich

Jul 18, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    No comment but I like Lakland basses, not as much as hot chicks though. LONG LIVE CAS!!!

19. stoneboy26

stoneboy26

Jul 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: Thump Music
    Got me about a months worth of gig pics to upload from my camera. I can guarantee there are plenty that will be making an appearance in this thread!!

20. capnsandwich

Jul 18, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    We'll be waiting right here for them.

21. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    You've been holding out on us for a MONTH??!? Your thoughtlessness is matched ONLY by the quality of your submittals...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.