1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cioks or Eventide Grip under a Nano? YES!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mmbongo, Jul 11, 2019.

1. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    After ordering an Eventide PowerMax (same as Cioks DC7) with a Grip mount for no-drill mounting to my PedalTrain Nano, I ran across some information stating that the Grip does not work with the Nano..here being one of them:
    Cioks Accessories - Grip bracket

I was bummed, but long story short...it works fine! So if you are on the fence, don't hesitate to use the Grip with a Nano.

IMG_0770.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG

Jonny_Orange and Jonny5bass like this.
  2. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Also just noticed that the instructions packed WITH the Grip specifically say it will not work on a Nano. I beg to differ :)

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    That’s good to know! I’m going to be picking up a Nano+, and have been wondering about what power supplies I can make work with it.

4. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    I use heavy duty / dual lock velcro for my cioks under nano/metro boards. Works great and I can move things around.

5. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    There are no concerns at all about the Nano+, as it has lots more room underneath than the Nano because one of the rails is just the thickness of the metal underneath. I would go with a Cioks with the Grip though. I like Truetone power supplies and I have two of them, but I wouldn't get one for a board where you'd have to drill to mount it. But if you don't mind drilling, the Truetone CS6 fits under the Nano+ (and the Nano) just fine and costs a whole lot less than the Cioks DC7.

Ryan L. likes this.
  6. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Here you can see how the Trutone CS6 fits on the Nano+ (it's not mounted, I just sat it there for this pic). Plenty of room left. The CS6 is the same size as the DC7/Eventide. The Cioks DC5 or Adam would be smaller.

IMG-0782.JPG

Jonny_Orange and Ryan L. like this.
  7. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Very cool. Wonder why Cioks would publish that it doesn’t work with a Nano.

I just use Velcro for my Cioks DC7 which works fine and I can slide back and forth as needed.

cosmicevan likes this.