1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Looks like Surf rather than Seafoam on my laptop, but whatever, that's a beaut!

R&B, ElMon, GregC and 1 other person like this.
  2. Herbie Flowers!

3. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    California Republic
    Low Brass and Bass are my happy place. Was a pro trombonist for 10 years - never got the tuba bug, but am sometimes channeling tuba with certain bass grooves.

TedH and kittywithabanjo like this.
  4. joselbajista

joselbajista

Mar 30, 2016
    Greetings to all, I see a mango bass, but I have a question, which is that the tone produced by the spruce core wood in a bass

5. kittywithabanjo

kittywithabanjo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Coquitlam. BC
    I started as an Airbass player as well (Tuba Bb, C, & F)

6. Or, going waaay back, Milt "The Judge" Hinton. R.I.P.

kobass likes this.
  7. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I'LL ALLOW IT! lol

8. I started on tenor horn at 10yo then baritone and on to euphonium at 14yo before taking up bass.
    My Dad played bass (G) trombone. In the DNA.

9. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Takeaway from recent days:

More of us than I thought: 'I really like these low-toned brass instruments, but I think I want the really big fat notes'.

Enter Electric Bass through a good sized rig. Ain't no going back now.

10. HawgDriver

HawgDriver Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2014
    Hey! Another Baritone Horn player out there...I started on trumpet at 9, baritone at 12 and electric bass at 16 after hearing Rush’s 2112!!!

kobass, Todd Larson and mmbass21 like this.
  11. I was destined for the bass clef. Started on trombone in the 5th grade (had to pick an instrument), my parents bought me my first bass, a Framus TV Star hollow body, when I was 14. They couldn't afford an amp, so I unplugged the bass pedals from the family Thomas organ, and wired up an RCA to 1/4 cable to plug in. Sounded good to my 14yo ears.

It's been a long strange trip via Conn (the trombone) Fender, Steinberger, Parker and many more. Great to have arrived in the land of Sadowsky (at age 60!)

12. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

No brass for me. Forced to take piano lessons from age 6 and like so many, foolishly quit at 12. Heard Peter Cetera, Bob Babbitt, James Jamerson, David Hood, Duck Dunn, Carol Kaye, Lee Sklar (and many others who made pant legs flap). Decided at 15 to become a bass player. Waited 40 years, then did. Got a bass and a teacher. Then a bunch more: Fender, Lakland, G&L. Many nice instruments, none of them perfect. Many hours of practice, very far from perfect!

Now I’ve arrived at Sadowsky. Ahhhh. It really does help when the bass plays itself. :smug:

And what do I do with all the rest of the basses? :help:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Sadowsky, ElMon, kobass and 3 others like this.
  13. HD007

HD007 Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2018
    Trombone and baritone here as well starting in 5th grade. Love the low brass connection! Spit valves rule. Or they did when you sat behind the row of clarinets.

projectapollo, Todd Larson and ElMon like this.
  14. Anyone has a German Sadowsky yet?

15. I’ve only seen a few appear in shops via Reverb over the past few months. I noticed they’re available to order on the Warwick Distribution page, categorized by Sadowsky Custom Shop, MasterBuilt, MetroLine, and Metro Express.

Electric Basses

16. I have one on order, 5 string metroline PJ. Hopefully by end of September?

TolerancEJ and kobass like this.
  17. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    I played Tuba in High School! In college, I was a last-minute fill-in when the bass drum and Chinese Gong player quit the orchestra! I also made myself a washtub bass back in the day! :bassist:

18. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    German Sadowsky production should begin to appear at dealers in September.

19. Wild_Bill_57

Wild_Bill_57 Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    A Sadowsky washtub bass, WOW :)

Todd Larson, kobass, Holdsg and 3 others like this.
  20. mmbass21

mmbass21 Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    Will the US dealers have strings around the same time as well?

danclaro and kobass like this.