1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    November for strings....I hope!

Wxp4759cb, kevk, kobass and 5 others like this.
  2. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Would that have the Will Lee mid-boost?

Fuzzbass and kobass like this.
  3. I ordered the same. Will be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait.

petch, kobass and MOSCOWBASS like this.
  4. Would like to see pics when u have them and a review!

5. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Up there with the 'Keyzer Soze' reveal from 'Usual Suspects'. When it hits you it makes so much sense.

Not to speak for the great man himself, but I think that a 2-band boost will sound better on a washtub than any 3-band setup. If you back off the treble/bass, you in effect have a sort of mid-boost. Excessive boosting of those two knobs is what gives you a perceived mid-scoop. I could see a more high profile, stadium-playing guy like Will Bocephus Montigeu Leeversen needing that mid boost, considering that he might not be walking into the best situation amp/soundguy-wise.

I like how even with extreme boosting, all my washtub slapping mixes perfectly with all the attendant pickin' and grinnin' around me. Other cheaper designs either get buried by the jaw-harp player (boy's got a jaw bone that really makes that thing project) and God forbid Meathooks Malloy is laying the claw technique on his banjo. Whew. I'm constantly getting compliments on the sound of my Sadowsky Tub. I done chased out all the 'real' upright guys in my county it sounds so good. I'd like to think the player had something to do with that, but I know the truth. Thanks Roger.

Sorry for the derail. I've had naysayers tell me 'that's just an expensive parts washtub. dollar-store broom and cheap tin on da tub'. They don't see the attention to detail or how straight the grain is on that there handle. One pluck and you'll understand. Don't even need a mic or an amp. It's all right there.

Obviously they've never played one, or seen the joy in the toothless grins of my bandmates, when they hear that glorious, sonorous twang coming from my corner of the sawdust-strewn stage. Only 'problem' is all the CITES paperwork I have to carry with me. I have Mississippi pine for my neck, which means I better not catch myself in a Tennessee county without my bonafides.

barks, Todd Larson, Joebone and 8 others like this.
  6. First ones on youtube:

Todd Larson, petch, fenjazz and 4 others like this.
  7. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    Are these Metro Expresses or Metro Line?

8. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    MetroLine!!

9. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    Roger thank you, the black one he played sounded nice from the very short demo.

10. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    ciao belo!

11. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    Just wonderful! I really had a good laugh! BTW, I get all of my washtub bass parts from Warmoth! :D
    Roger

cripula, Vic, Holdsg and 11 others like this.
  12. monkeyland

monkeyland Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Ft Myers, Florida
    Endorsing artist: Curt Mangan Strings, JH Audio
    I am so looking forward to an unlined fretless from this new warwowsky line.

KenMoore05 likes this.
  13. Here is how to do it:

TolerancEJ and ElMon like this.
  14. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    New York City
    I just got confirmation from Germany that these basses were pre-production samples from the NAMM Show in January. No production MetroLines have left the factory yet.

Roger

KaseOfBass, GregC, MOSCOWBASS and 4 others like this.
  15. Well, I received my German MetroLine PJ today. Ordered 5th of april, shipped 29 juli. Certificate of authenticity was missing, and also polishing cloth was missing. On the tuners it says "Sadowsky", not "Hipshot". Security locks are "Made for Warwick Germany". So they are not "Sadowsky S-security locks". Weight is 3.9 kg, about 8.6 lbs. Serial nr. G 000150-20.
    upload_2020-8-3_18-25-12.jpeg

upload_2020-8-3_18-30-58.jpeg

pickles, Lex P., Todd Larson and 16 others like this.
  16. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK

I guess I missed in these discussions that the PJ5's are going to be available with a P body. Boy am I in trouble down the road.

mmbass21 and Fuzzbass like this.
  17. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    So what are the black dots on the nut? Are they throwing the Warwick adjustable style nuts on these now?

18. There are 3 pieces of hex key tools that come with the bass ( in a very cheep little plastic bag). One is very very tiny. But indeed it fits in the holes in the nut. So you can adjust the nut, just like the Warwicks. In the specification it says: Sadowsky Just-a-nut III nut, just like the Warwick Just-a-nut III nut.

Todd Larson and Fred312b like this.
  19. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    What are "security locks" ... does the gig bag have locks on it?

Logo curved along the contour of the headstock looks nice.

20. Security locks = same as straplocks. What kind of logs do you mean on the bag? Bag is the standard Sadowsky Porta bag.