1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cover for a Genzler BA12-3?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by revroy, Dec 22, 2015.

1. I'm one of the folk loving their new Genzler BA12-3 cab... I'm feeling the need for a cover for it as I schlep it around. So, I'm wondering whether other early adopters of this cab have purchased covers and if so from whom and how do you like it?

I know that the major companies all will make custom sizes and that ideed, all of the covers start out as custom ones... I'm just not sure how I trust my measuring skills :confused: so I'd like to not be the first one that company has made.

2. Not yet

Not yet

Mar 26, 2012
    I'd try Tom at D2F

3. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    You ever find out more about covers? I need one for my 12/3 too.

4. LeCover has one listed on their page - LeCover Genzler BA 12-3, Bass Amp, Guitar Amp, Pro Audio

I have one of their covers for another amp in their premium plus line and I'm very pleased with it. Unless something else presents itself, I'll likely go with one of these. Because the cab doesn't have any controls and the grill is metal, I'll probably go with the unpadded one... just to keep the cab from getting scuffed when schlepping it.

If you order one somewhere, let me know what you think and if I do, I'll post it here

maurilio likes this.
  5. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    I will. I sent Genzler an email about their official cover too. So my decision will depend on their response.

I had a leCover for a Bag End cab several years ago and remember it being pretty nice.

6. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Jeff responded and said they are looking at February sometime for Genzler covers. He recommended leCover if we couldn't wait.

7. RBASS930

RBASS930 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    Got mine from Custom Amp Covers makes the covers no one else does!. If you go for the padded option, it is essentially a Tuki cover (they bought them out not too long ago). Got my last dozen or so covers from them. Quick, reasonably priced, fantastic quality, and great customer service.

Brad Johnson likes this.
  8. Not yet

Not yet

Mar 26, 2012
    D2F

9. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
    That would be me that gave Larry the dimensions for the Array and the MG212.
    The MG212's is a little tight but fit perfectly…actually both are great and Larry is a great guy to work with

Winston Wolf likes this.
  10. Just had a couple made by TLC Custom Covers (TLC Custom Covers | Amp Covers | Cabinet Covers | Sub Covers | Sound Reinforcement Speaker Covers | Guitar Straps | Mixer Bags). Obviously "local" (i.e. Australia).

Very happy with how they turned out, and extremely impressed with the customer service. Julie suggested to put little feet on the opposite side of the handle so the cab and cover don't suffer when you put them down. Couple of pix:

IMG_2174_zpsd99wvboo.

IMG_2175_zpsobrgrwuy.

IMG_2176_zpsosb2zorv.

Very smart, heavy duty, look like they'll last longer than me ;) . And well-priced, too (at least in my opinion).

Regards,
    Michael

aproud1 and revroy like this.
  11. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

May 20, 2002
    Provided content for Genzler Amplification
    I got a little preview into the forthcoming Genzler covers. Very nice.
    They are padded. Unless you throw them down the stairs, you won't have to worry about scratches or dents. The shell is plenty durable as well (no worry about rips and tears). If you're not in a huge rush for a cover, hang back for a minute and wait for them to become available. I think you will be pleased.

godley69, revroy and aproud1 like this.
  12. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Awesome, I have an MG212 coming to me now, and I'll need a cover. Glad you did the technical work so I don't have to!

Winston Wolf, maurilio and revroy like this.
  13. paujones

paujones Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Dublin, CA
    I heard that the new Genzler covers will start shipping next week. Anyone have any more specifics on them? Based on this thread - I looked at LeCover, CustomAmpCovers.com, Tuki, and TCL. They are all different with with various options - like color, bottom cover or bottom strap, varying thicknesses and embroidery options. Love to get the stock Genzler cover if it is as good.

14. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Supporting Member

15. I went with the Genzler cover. Let me start by saying that I'm completely happy/satisfied with it. The fabric seems heavy enough and the padding is also enough for my use. The embroidered logos are way cool. It fits perfectly and feels as if it will fold up nicely when not on the cab (at a gig for example).

That said, for some folk, I think the Lecover might be a better choice. I have a Premium Plus Lecover cover for another cab. It is significantly more padded, heavier fabric, and has piping on the corners and around the handle opening. It also has the option of adding pockets and a strap across the "bottom." It is also more stiff and more cumbersome when not on the cab and doesn't like to fold. From what I can see on the Lecover site, the Premium Plus is not available right now. The Premium would also have more padding but I can't speak to the fabric weight so the Premium would likely be a little more protective than the Genzler and the Premium Plus a bit more than that.

I haven't seen the lower level Lecovers but I would guess the Genzler is the equivalent of the Basic Plus or somewhere between the Basic Plus and the Premium. Depending on shipping costs, it may be a tiny bit less expensive than the Genzler... without the Genzler logo. FWIW, I was thinking of the Basic Plus Lecover without any options but with shipping it ended up just a few dollars less to me than the Genzler and the logo was the deciding factor.

16. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Thanks for the detailed feedback Revroy.

I was actually thinking of putting feet on my cab on the opposite side of the Handle. Then ordering a custom cab cover with the opening on the bottom (the part with the new feet).

17. I thought of that possibility too. Lecover would be the choice then. Do check the measurements though as the ones they have don't quite mesh with the official ones - I'm guessing it is the feet on the bottom of the cab.

It really was the logo that was the deciding factor for me :)

18. aproud1

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Not sure what I'm going to do. Not playing out much at the moment so it's not a big deal for me yet.

The logo cover is cool. Do you think it would fit over a cab modified with sort feet on the side opposite the handle?

19. I don't think so. The cover fits pretty snugly.

20. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Supporting Member

Covers

20160328_222839.

revroy likes this.