Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom Builders

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by full_bleed, Jun 5, 2005.

1. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    I've noticed that there are quite a few custom builders that are posted throughout TB, but it takes a bit of digging to find them sometimes. I'd like this to be a little more bassist friendly for us. So if you wouldn't mind post your favorite custom builders or all of them that you know of. Just make sure that you read what has already been posted that way we can keep the mutiple posts to a minimum. :bassist:

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  3. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    wow :eek: well I guess if it's not listed there then post it here.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

5. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    Maybe this thread should be about which builders to be weary of and which give you the best bang for your buck since there are so many out there. For instance I thought I saw someone around here with a “ one man’s trash is another man’s wish bass” sig. Don’t just bag on a builder though. Give us some reasons you didn’t care for the instrument. Hopefully there will be many opinions on this subject.

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    The guys I like (that I've had personal experience with), other than the obvious...;). Bang for the buck varies but I'd highly recommend any of them.

Rob Elrick
    George Furlanetto of F Bass
    Mike Tobias of MTD
    Carey Nordstrand
    Chris Stambaugh
    Scott Ambush
    Chris Benavente
    Mark Eshenbaugh
    Fred Bolton of Bee Basses
    Bud LeCompte
    Brian Ristola
    Fodera

Still waiting to get my hands on a JP;)
    If Jamie White of Bone Basses starts building agin, he's high on my list.

Some are more custom than others. It helps a great deal if you have an idea of what you want AND can articulate it.

hth