Darkglass Vintage Deluxe!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eyeballkid, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Unrelated, but Doug - your avatar has a Scott Ian vibe to it.

(also,you guys have been my #1 overdrive since I got my B3K a couple years ago)

2. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    So this would be kind of redundant if I own a Vintage and a B7K already right? I mean, I'm basically using the Eqing to do the same thing already aren't I?

I'm asking because I assume that's the case. LOL

3. eloann

eloann

May 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    As much as I love my B7K, I've been looking for a 2nd preamp so I could keep one on my board and use the other standalone. Been eyeballing the VT bass DI for a while but I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger. I also sold my VMT not too long ago for practical reasons (all my pedals but the preamp are now top jacks) despite loving the sound so I'd say it's a perfect timing.

4. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    Haha yeah, I think you are covering the same grounds already ;).

Thanks man! for the #1 overdive and for telling me I look like Scott Ian - both tremendous compliments ;).

Tremendous, if you check it out, let us know what you think!

Regards,
    D.

5. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    I was just looking at my board and something will have to come off but...........

The Vintage Deluxe will be mine. I love my vintage, but I do not like changing settings live. Thats why I use like 6 od's. There is no reason I can't use a cintage, vintage deluxe, b3k, and a b7k is there?

Answer: Hell no, lol, I'll just find 2 great tones and switch back and forth, like I do with my B7K now. For the longest time I used the B7k as a preamp, now I use it as a dirt and preamp....

If I can find an Oppressor (thought I had one, just missed) I will put together a full DG board.....someday, someday

6. I've also been considering the VT Bass DI as I want something I can use to go direct to the PA without an amp for smaller acoustic gigs (shall we say sans-amp?). Wondering in the VMT Deluxe will do what the VT Bass does (but better of course!)? Do any B7K users use theirs like this?

If so I've then got to decide if I'll make room on my pedalboard for it and sell the VMT I've got, or keep both and use the Deluxe off the board!

7. atticpenny

atticpenny

Jan 5, 2011
    Virginia
    Vintage deluxe with eq? OMG. Want. Wantwantwantwantwant. I have nothing else to add to this but: Want. Or maybe: Shut up and take my money.
    Want.

8. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    Does anybody have an idea on release date?

9. ^ I don't think anyone's set a date yet.

I'm using the B7K as my pre at the moment, I wish I could get a Deluxe Vintage and use them half and half for my sound.

10. Doug told me a few weeks ago earlier in this thread, but it looks like he must have edited that post because I don't see it above anymore (outside of my quoting it). (?)

At any rate, the last I checked, the VMT Deluxe was listed on bassefx, so I'm guessing it should indeed be very soon.

11. I think Doug mentioned early February availability on the Darkglass FB pages.

This side of the pond Thomann have it up for pre-order with an expected arrival date around February 20th.

12. Eadger

Eadger Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Colorado
    According to BassEFX which has it for preorder already here, the frequencies are [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

So if that's accurate, it looks like they just pulled the Hi Mid out from the B7K.

13. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Thanks for that link. I'm not missing out on this one. Preordered.

14. I almost wish the center frequency for the bass control would be more traditionally lower. :meh: That way the EQ section of the VMT Deluxe would pair very nicely with that of my B7K, which I use as a clean pre almost 100% of the time. Ah well.

15. Is the EQ on the big pedals affecting the whole signal or only the distorted one? (meaning clean without EQ).

16. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA

Clean and dirty

17. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA

+1! I finally sold my B7K in the classifieds and pre-ordered one myself. It sounds like Chad from BassEFX is friends/ neighbors with Spencer so we should be getting some of the first ones! I haven't turned off my Vintage since integrating it into my rig when it came out so I am super excited for the Deluxe- both for live and direct recording.

18. basspipe

basspipe Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    Will the balanced line-out allow me to use it with powered cabs or direct into a tube power amp? I'm assuming this is the case but figured I'd get it straight from the source ;)

19. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

Jan 24, 2012
    paris, france
    Hi ,

I use a Bass driver DI as a pre amp and the B3K for overdrive .... i love that sound!!!!!

can anyone here lay down some differences between the BDDI and the B7K ?

other than the fact that it looks cooler :)

if you have some comparison audio samples... i would love to hear

20. Guinness20

Guinness20

Jan 24, 2013
    Liverpool, UK
    I know the b7k is obviously both, but which do people use it for most - an od or a clean pre?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021