Darkglass Vintage Deluxe!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eyeballkid, Jan 20, 2014.

1. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    Prymaxe rules. Got my H9 for $299/shipped with their xmas sale.

2. TMFoodBass

TMFoodBass

Feb 24, 2012
    Adamstown, PA
    None
    Nice! I did the same on Monday. Gotta love prymaxe!

3. Eadger

Eadger Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Colorado
    Well, while some of us are waiting (I've preordered mine as well)...it looks like others are already getting some good use out of it. First pic I've seen of it in the wild: here

4. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Is that below MAP Spencer/Douglas...just curious.

The more I think about this, the more I want.

5. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    The only reason I'm asking about the MAP is because it would weigh on my decision of where to purchase from. I like discounts, but I don't like screwing you guys outta cash.

6. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    I'm with you Bro. It matters to me to support the companies and people I care about. I'd rather overpay for something new than take money out of their pocket.

7. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    How did you manage that? Was that an H9 or an H9 Core? Either way, the max discount I've ever seen if 20%, and that math doesn't add up...

8. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Can you define MAP? Here's what I know. Darkglass is listed on the Prymaxe coupon/discount exclusions page, but Prymaxe will offer those discounts on pretty much anything if you just ask nicely. Doug and Spencer have said that opting out means a shop can't advertise that the coupon works, but it can still be sold "under the table" at whatever price. I don't know who is taking the hit/reduced profit when Prymaxe does that. I assume it's Prymaxe, and I have never felt bad about taking advantage of it. Same story with Rogue Guitar Shop.

9. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    MAP=minimum advertised price. So usually that's the minimum the manufacturer wants to take in off the product. I know some builders who list it pretty close to their actual costs, that's why I'm asking.

I'm not sure how it works with Prymaxe.

10. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    MAP is supposed to be a way to help even the playing field for sellers, but I don't think a manufacturer can do much to prevent non-public deals that stores offer to buyers privately (in most cases, unless a manufacturer has a special deal with a seller to sell more units, any discounting is at the seller's cost). Capitalism has a way of leaving that power in the hands of consumers, so I would suggest choosing wisely what kind of business/model you would rather support with your money.

11. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Yeah, this is more or less how Doug and Spencer have described it. It's a minimum price, and they have "opted out" of being included from coupons in the sense that the coupons aren't supposed to work automatically, but the shop can still offer the same or similar discounts on personal deals with the customer. And I would certainly assume it's at the shop's cost.

12. Does anyone have a current discount code for Prymaxe, even if they're not allowed to apply it automatically?

13. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    It's listed on their site.

14. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Or just use the chat window if you're on their site when they're open.

15. Yeah I didn't see one when I was in there yesterday, not in the normal banner anyway. Will look again.

16. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    And seriously...the chat window will put you in touch with one of the guys.

17. jdwhitak

jdwhitak

Mar 20, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
  18. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA

I'm sure the other store appreciated your support! I think it is a positive thing that not everybody buys things from the Musicians Friend of FX pedals...

silverjet likes this.
  19. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    ^ Wouldn't Musician's Friend be the Musician's Friend of FX pedals? :meh:

20. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    According the Prymaxe, the Deluxe was to be released today. Any word on when the real launch date is? I didn't order from them, but the BassEFX site doesn't list a date. Typically, the west coast shops get Darkglass pedals earlier given the proximity to Spencer's shop.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 21, 2021