1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Di box + overdrive pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by XeNoChRiSt, Nov 7, 2017.

1. XeNoChRiSt

XeNoChRiSt

Apr 5, 2016
    Hey guys I've used the mxr m80 di+ live now for about a year but I've grown a distaste for the drive sound from the pedal so I'm thinking about buying the darkglass b3k and pairing it with my mxrs eq section and remain using the xlr out on the mxr, now I've heard that overdrive doesn't pair well with pa speakers without speaker emulation to tame the top end. Is this true? I've never had issues with the mxr live before. But I'm paranoid using drive that isn't directly from the box itself my give me some issues.

2. torza

torza

Sep 20, 2005
    As long as you don’t have the drive on the MXR simultaneously with another drive, you should be good. I used to pair the MXR with a Rat and the MXR gave a sweet EQ and fatness to it.

3. XeNoChRiSt

XeNoChRiSt

Apr 5, 2016
    I do not I plan on using the mxrs distortion channel as a lead boost live, thanks for the quick response!

4. TheLowDown33

TheLowDown33 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    NJ
    Check out the DSM omnicabsim deluxe. May be just what you're looking for.

5. XLunacy

XLunacy

Nov 28, 2013
    France
    Before getting my OmniCabSim, I used DI right after the overdrive, and did not feel like I was missing anything. Now that I've got mine I know that I'll never do that again :thumbsup:
    Chances are the FOH engineer will at least add some LPF/HPF on your signal, so I'd rather control it on my end to make sure it is set up the way I want it.