1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Digitech Bass Compressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DbNBassist, Dec 30, 2006.

1. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    I havent hearfd much bout this pedal on hear and i was just wandering if anyone had any experience with it. I really liked its sound on the Digitech website and the fact that it is basically a dbx is a bonus. It seems like a really nice clear compressor and im really considering buying it and its the only really bass specific compressor i can find, i know it doesnt need to specificly for bass.

Cheers

2. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    I too was fooled by the website sound.

I used one for awhile, and didn't like it. It was really hard to dial in the right sound, and even after you do, it still isn't the right sound.

3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    +1

I LOVED it on my Ibanez.. It doesn't play well with my Laklands..

4. I have one I bought off of eBay. I used it for a while, and now its back on eBay.

It really didn't do much for me, so I'm getting rid of it for something I can get more use out of.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    If you're on a tight budget, keep your eyes open for a used Aphex Punch Factory or a used Toadworks Mr. Squishy. Either should sell for around $60 to $80 USD. They seem like the best "cheap" options around for bass.