Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DigiTech BP200

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dviper, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Dviper

Dviper

Aug 24, 2004
    New York, USA
    How is the DigiTech BP200 for a first effects multipedal...?
    I curently only have the POS orange boss distortion pedal and i cant stand it anymore. Would the DigiTech BP200 be ok or is there sumthin else around the same price range that would be better to buy?

2. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas
    Honestly it's a great pedal.... I have had mine for about a year and a half.. never any problems.. and cool features......

If you wanna save some $$$$ I am actually trying to sell mine so I can get rid of some GAS, and meet a need of a new amp..... asking $90 shipped to your door..... pm me if you are interested.... it's in great shape.... original box and owners manual....... and the price is somewhat flexible.....

3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I actually really like mine despite a lot of the "features" being useless, to me. I only use a couple things on there but the ones I do use are pretty sweet and easy to customize. It'd be a good place to start. Be sure you can get a copy of the manual it comes with, it'll make it a lot easier to fiddle with in case the previous owner redid everything and saved all his/her own presets over the stock Digitech ones. It's cool, go for it.

4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I think it's a horrible pedal if you are using the presets. The tones are just awful. Two thumbs down here.

To be fair, I never tried dialing in my own settings so I can't disagree with those that have had success there.

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Yeah, it gets a lot better once you over-write the presets. They are pretty bad.

6. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I got to agree. I was pretty disappointed with the default sounds that it offered. It got better when I played around with it for a while but ultimatley I ended up returning it.

7. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    Had it, used it twice, sold it.
    The bypass mode still just sucks the tone from your bass.

8. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    It is a really good pedal. Just be weary of the AC adapter's durability and make your own presets. A presence control wouldnt have hurt to have but it's cool.