1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Digitech synth wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jambi666, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Jambi666

Jambi666

Mar 15, 2010
    I have read the previous tread about the adapter for this pedal, but there aren't given any concrete answers, so can anybody tell me if it's ok to use, adapter 9V 300ma? and another question,if anybody knows in which power this pedal work's? 50 ma?

2. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    Yes a regular 9v adapter is fine.

The Synth Wah draws 110mA so I guess the BSW does too.

3. ocoaibass

ocoaibass

Jan 9, 2010
    I have this pedal on my board & it seems to work the same with an Ibanez adapter, BOSS PSA-120, & using the power provided by my board. I've never run into any issues, but then again, I would use a One Spot & daisy chain on it.

4. Jambi666

Jambi666

Mar 15, 2010
    Ok,thank you....but, I wanted to buy adapter with 9v 500ma, I think it will work ok....but it's cheap adapter, that is my only worry now...:))

5. Don't cheap out and get some generic power supply from Rad Shak or Walmart, spend the few xtra bucks and get one designed for musical equipment.
    A 1Spot or other power supply is a worthy investment.

6. Also

it never hurts to have an adapter capable of producing more current (mA) than you need, but less is bad.

1 spot is 1400mA and can power several normal pedals. You should add up your requirements to make sure that one isn't a power hog - some pedals need up to 500mA...

7. Jambi666

Jambi666

Mar 15, 2010
    I don't want to buy some extra cheap, but average, 'cause I don't wanna throw money on boss adapter or something like that, cause I don't have it, and next gig is for about 15 days, and can't wait :D .... must see what is the best option...and what will ok work :) but,thank's for advices, I appreciate it...:)