Dingwall NG-2 vs. Ibanez EHB1505MS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KPJ, Oct 26, 2020.

1. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Hello! Here is a video I made comparing the Dingwall NG-2 B-string to the Ibanez EHB1505MS B-string with an EHB1005 thrown in for good measure as a sort of control. Please comment on the video with your preferred B-string!

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    When I get a chance later today, I am going to give this a good listen.

KPJ likes this.
  3. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I finally listened, and this was a very well produced video! The funny thing is that the first time you played the Dingwall B string, it sounded very clear. The second time the B string was a bit thuddy.The Ibanezes were both very clear. The fanned fret Ibanez was very clear. Unless I am mistaken, the B string on the Ibanez is 35.5”, not 35 and Rickenbackers are 32”, not 33”.

4. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Thanks, Doc! Rickenbacker scale length actually is 33.25" (John Hall Answers Questions About Rickenbacker Basses) and the EHB is 35". I double checked on that!

Which was your favorite B string?

5. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Thanks for letting me know the right numbers. My only bass was a Rickenbacker 4000 for seven years. All those years I thought it was 32”.:roflmao:

KPJ likes this.
  6. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Doc, you must have referred the 35.5" scale low-B as on Ibanez SR Fanned Fret/Multi-Scale series (SRFF805/806 and SRMS805/806). For the headless multi-scale series (EHB1005MS/1505MS/1506MS), they changed the low-B to 35". But, the EHB MS have 2" spread from B to G, instead of 1½" on the SR fanned fret/multi-scales.

KPJ likes this.