1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Do you Twitter?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by afzoomie67, Jul 19, 2012.

1. As technology advances, Facebook becomes the new Myspace and goes by the way-side. Twitter is in now..

So do you, TB, Twitter? If yes, post your username and we can all follow each other ?

2. I have a Twitter but I only follow sortakindabutnotreally famous musicians.

3. I do twitter. My username is the same everywhere. Rip Topaz.

4. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX

5. twitter was in before facebook, its useless.

6. I'll follow you, you follow me? @Ruff_Dog

7. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Threads on this already; do a search.

8. I'm on twitter. @monguhloyd (I understand that can be disrespectful...)

9. I don't see any use for it.

10. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I use it as a way of letting people know when I've posted something new on one of my sites. Whether that really means anything, works well, or benefits anyone is quite open to debate. :) But it's free, and I get a new "follower" or two every week.

I also use it as a news headline reader service. I get the headlines from the sources that would interest me most, international media outlets and writers, as well as news they retweet from their more obscure and independent sources. This way I hear what's going on in Syria (for example) from the people of Syria, and not all of it through a corporate/national propaganda filter--and biases are balanced out.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    No thank you. I think some people use TBOT like Twitter though.

-Mike

12. Besides an ancient myspace, TB is all the "social networking" I need.

13. Rbryant

Rbryant

Jan 14, 2012
    I had a Twitter account, but I didn't do anything with it. I don't know even know if it's still active. I guess I should check, huh?

---
    R. Bryant
    RI charter bus

14. myspace gets more users per day than twitter... my drummer showed me the figure yesterday... we found that interesting

15. Is anybody's life that cool that everyone else needs to know every time they fart, use the restroom, or have what they think in a witty thought ?

16. Village Torcher

Village Torcher

Dec 30, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I used to. They have me on pills for that now.

17. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    You can tweet your local radio stations that you have a gig ,if you have a soundcloud page or other linked audio it should act in theory as an electronic press release.

theoretically

18. Definitely

Definitely Banned

Used it once, forgot my password, thought it was stupid and didn't bother going back on. I believe it was @YankeesObvs but I'm not gonna be following anyone back! :p

19. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    Not being a debbie downer, but it has no appeal to me. I'd be fine in a world without texting and twitter. Younger generations' ability to communicate is suffering big time and I have to place a little blame on texting.

That being said, I love the commercial with the facebook/twitter kid saying that her parents had no life as they were out living it while she was online with her "friends".

20. Nomadskills

Nomadskills

Dec 27, 2010
    Here
    I do not.