1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Double Bass and Flute Duets

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by jdepriest, Nov 2, 2010.

1. jdepriest

jdepriest

Sep 20, 2005
    Waynesburg, Pa
    Anyone know of a good duet for bass and flute?

2. funkythumb

funkythumb Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    This is the exact question I had. I'm going to put up another post to see if anyone chimes in.
    I want a simple one for me and my wife. She's an intermediate/beginner and I want to play some duets with her.

3. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    Meditations on Integration - Charles Mingus and Eric Dolphy. Check that one out

4. eerbrev

eerbrev

Dec 6, 2009
    Ottawa, ON, CAN
  5. neilG

neilG

Jun 15, 2003
    Ventura, CA
    The problem with Mr. Nemeth's list is that it doesn't give sources. I have started to compile sources and can give you my list of flute/bass duos from his list. It's not complete yet, but it's a start. Pm me and I'll email it to you.

6. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    A lot of solo baroque flute (or any treble instrument really) pieces, the bass do the continuo.

Concert Royaux by Francois Couperin is really one of 1000s example I could give you.

7. hotrodjohn

hotrodjohn Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Bouree by Jethro Tull - adapted from Bach

8. virtuosito

virtuosito

Jun 10, 2010
    Poland
    You can play also Johann Joachim Quant'z duetto that played mr. Karr and Han Han. I've got a transcription for two basses but you can play bass part and give the flutist the original flute part of the other voice.