DR SCIENTIST's WARD (Club for Post-Op Patients)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Feral Feline, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Well, there's a club for this and a club for that, such as Fairfield Circuitry, and not one for the Good Dr Ryan and Nurse Tanya.

I only belong to one club and even that was by accident; Regardless, I'll start the convalescence ...

Here's my Elements, only photo I've got, I'll put up a better one later when feasible..

ElementsGut-Shot.jpg

So show your Dr Scientist pedals off, on your board, on the floor, on a gurney in the operating theatre with guts exposed, wherever. Talk about your favourite Dr Scientist pedal and its settings. Discuss new Dr Scientist pedals, argue about the merits of different graphics... anything and everything to do with Dr Scientist ... bring it here.

Assign yourself a #, if you want one, 'cause as much as I like my Dr Scientist, I'm far too medicated by The Elements to be assigning numbers.

Thanks for your patience, patients.

"Oh NuRSe!" :woot:

zapped777 likes this.
  2. Great a club of one... talk about nano!

The Heisenberg

THE HEISENBERG NANODRIVETECH SPECS
    Operation:
    Mono input, mono output
    Power Requirements:
    9VDC @ 75mA, 2.1mm center negative plug
    Input/Output Impedance:
    500kΩ/1kΩ
    Bypass:
    True bypass using soft touch switch and relay
    Knobs
    FET Gain:
    Gain of the FET stage, clean boost to medium overdrive
    NPN Gain:
    Gain of the NPN stage, cleanish boost to medium fuzz
    Op Amp Gain:
    Gain of the op amp stage, clean boost to medium distortion
    Master Tone:
    Treble control, +/-15dB peaking filter centred at 3kHz

Master Volume:
    Output level
    Rotary Switch:
    Selects 1 of 3 gain stages
    Warranty:
    Limited Lifetime

15769295124_119cab5fd7_z.jpg

Dr Scientist, putting nanotechnology to work for you.

zapped777 likes this.
  3. ItsMattIThink

ItsMattIThink

Apr 22, 2013
    Someone please convince me not to sell my elements due to the fact I have a multidrive showing up at my door step tomorrow

zapped777 likes this.
  4. Okay. My first ever dirt pedal was an Elements. WAY TOO VERSATILE TO GIVE UP. I've had it for a couple of years now. During boxing week, I picked up a MultiDrive. I haven't played around with the MultiDrive enough yet, but I suspect it isn't going anywhere.

Play with both, give it some time, see what happens.

5. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    i've been looking at the Elements for a looooong time now, so maybe it's time that I finally just break down and buy one. ;)

6. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    The Elements is high on my wish-list too ... trying hard not to. :)

7. JoshC

JoshC

Nov 19, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    The Elements is the poopie. Don't sell yours. Some bass players haven't been as impressed with the Multidrive as they were hoping they'd be.

I love Ryan's stuff. His circuits are wildly tight and the pedals are all so nice. I have 2 The Elements, a Frazz, a V2 Cosmichorus and a Mini Reverberator. Can't see myself ever selling any of them.

8. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I have a Dual Element that Ryan built me even though he doesn't do custom pedals. :) Be jealous, be very jealous. LOL! I've done a ton of work with Ryan, and I absolutely love him. Most down to earth dude in the world!!!

In case anyone is interested we are going to be doing a special Cosmichorus V.3 run and maybe a Frazz Dazzler this year, perhaps something else as well. :)

I've owned maybe 4 or 5 Elements before I said, hey would you do this? We worked out a trade plus cash.

What's cool about it is that I can use the expression on one or both pedal but it only has one input/output and they can be used independent of each other.

The Elements is seriously one of the most versatile pedals I've ever owned. It can do super clean, boosted, punchy bass or super sludgy doom fuzz/distortion bass and everything in between. So many options in that thing.

smperry likes this.
  9. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I don't join clubs, but I cannot believe that the Elements is not more popular than it is. I'm amazed at how versatile it is. I'm now using it as a mid-high gain, but it sounds great as a lower gain or as a fuzz. I love my other dirt pedals, but I can already tell that if I were to only have one, this pedal is it. It's crazy good.

10. Philip Mackenzie

Philip Mackenzie

Apr 23, 2014
    Sell your Elements???
    I have one, AND a Multidrive. Of the two, I'd keep the Elements every time.
    Ryan is a great guy to deal with. I want a Bitquest next, and I'll be ordering it from the new Dr. S mission control complex in Summerland, BC. It's nice to have it so handy.

11. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    If you love your sound and just want dirt plus your sound, The Elements is it. There really is no better.

The SDD. The Tremolessence when combined with an exp pedal on the rate and a fuzz. Just. Awesome stuff.

And Ryan is so nice. Great company.

alecduncan likes this.
  12. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    Just ordered an Elements...probably going to be using it mostly as a clean-ish boost, but will be great to have the versatility. I had one in the past and always regretting selling it. I didn't have an expression pedal when I had one before though so looking forward to playing around with that feature :)

XXL likes this.
  13. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors

Jun 14, 2007
    Florida
    I finally got a Flanger! And a whole lot more with the BitQuest!

Dr Scientist makes quality stuff, I had an Elements too and like Pok said, regretted selling it off.

Really looking forward to the BitQuest though, Ive wanted one for awhile now.. sign me up to the club FF!

14. worship_mud

worship_mud

Apr 13, 2014
    hi there,

i'm thinking about getting a bitquest to cover my need for the more seldom (at least by me) used FX, like flanger, reverb etc...

any experiences / comments / advice? how does it work w/ active basses?

any info would be welcome, as it is hard to get ANY info on these pedals...

cheers,

w_m

15. Can't help with BitQuest answers myself, as it's still on my "to get" list. I will say this, I haven't read a bad review of the BitQuest yet.
    Apparently the Dirt Side is very loud, and to switch between dirt side and fx side you need to reboot the pedal?
    Can someone with a BitQuest convene & converse?

@jwr :: I've got a Cosmichorus on order, but it hasn't shipped. Any chance for a sneak preview of V3?

16. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors

Jun 14, 2007
    Florida
    USPS says I should get my Bitquest in tomorrow.. I'll try and answer some of these questions for you and myself. I have both passive and active basses too. Super excited to add this pedal to my board!

17. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    I just ordered an Elements a couple of hours ago so I hope to be another Dr. Scientist fan soon.

18. stambroker

stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    I truly miss my Tremolessence, most creatively inspiring pedal I've owned! Someday when I can justify the cost I'll have another one. I would say I regret trading mine away, but I got much more practical effects out of it.

I enjoy reading the Dr. Scientist subforum and I like how actively Ryan engages with folks!

19. John, I hope you like it. Otherwise I might be bit-crushed, like if I were to find out that Santa isn't real.

20. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Nothing to share yet for the Cosmichorus. I don't have the boxes or anything yet. hahaha. It will look good, that's all I can tell you!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021