1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ebay find!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JazzMarius, Apr 1, 2009.

1. look at those bridge sadles....

2. :rollno: YIKES!

3. IdealWay

IdealWay

Oct 18, 2006
    Asheville, NC
    Who cares if the sound like crap, "they will bring good wealth, happiness to your business and life!" Sounds like we're all missing out on these magical instruments :D

4. ^ I forgot about that part - LOL :D

5. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Are you talking about the placement or the profile in the picture making them look like they stick up above the string?

6. Doodaddy

Doodaddy

Jan 11, 2005
    West Monroe, LA
    x2

What is the string spacing on it? Is it just me, or are there really miles in between each string?

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    0dad_1.

^^^ He's talking about that; look closely at the saddles.

The string spacing "wideness" is just an optical illusion caused by the wood laminates, I'm pretty sure the actual string spacing is normal.

8. Doodaddy

Doodaddy

Jan 11, 2005
    West Monroe, LA
    Heh, it's why I asked. I knew photography was tricky, but I had to make sure it wasn't what I was seeing. :p

9. ^ Discounting the laminates - those bridge pieces sure don't look even with each other - especially the "B"

10. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    I can just see it-
    "Yeah, man, the upper horn snapped right off at the body----sh*t--I bet it was the tension made some sorta weird torque on me---gawdda&$#(^&!" :bawl:

11. choo5

choo5

Apr 15, 2004
    sydney, australia
    haha, looks like a vintage asian grappling hook: just tie a rope around the headstock :D

12. but man...that is WAY !!!! to expensive !!!

865 $ shipped ??? !!!!!!!!!!!!! man, i would never ever pay that for that garbage!! not even if u put it like standing art in my living room's corner!

13. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    tuners look like they touch each other. Nice...hahahha

14. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Antoniotsai basses may not be boutique, but are not crap at all... They even sound decent and can turn into a great instrument with some tweaking here and there... This one is slightly overpriced, though...

15. with this bass u just need a hook on the wall... no fancy stands :D:D:D

16. man....look at those saddles, that is wrong and i am no luthier but i see it.

and look at how lined they are....

[​IMG]

17. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Looks like he sneezed when he was placing that B string saddle.

18. i think ill pass and just take your word for it. LOL