1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EBMM StingRay Special Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CyberSnyder, Jul 17, 2018.

1. I don't know, but I'm probably gonna order one from a big EU shop and wait. It seems the only way to get the model I want.

Jughead6 likes this.
  2. You won't regret it - they're amazing basses. :bassist:

Mingus_Habens likes this.
  3. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Thanks to @tminus10, I'll have this 5HH on its way to me soon. I really dig the tort on charcoal sparkle look. I've posted and advocated for the single H over and over again, but had to give the Specials a try in HH config. We'll see how this plays out.

IMG_4418.JPG

4. That ones a stunner!

lowdownthump and Bardolphus like this.
  5. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    That’s a heater! Enjoy!

6. I was lucky! I just found one in black w/roasted maple neck and maple fingerboard, exactly the one I wanted. It was available so I just ordered it.
    [​IMG]
    The shop is the same where I bought my EBMM Caprice.

TrentB, hereandgone18, HD007 and 4 others like this.
  7. pertyman

pertyman

Jun 10, 2006
    It’s been 3 days since I got the bass and I thought it’s time for an updated pictures.

This bass is a masterpiece in every way. It will take me some time to master it for its full potential.
    Love it!!!

45E59C1E-87B8-4D16-867F-30EA55C68435. 21FC8F4E-26DB-4222-A4FE-AEA6837605E3. B1046E2F-4279-4E4F-ACA1-FC6BC8BEEFA5. B1993DF7-53DC-4385-B26B-74568AA9241D. 9F4E0463-8361-41FA-B187-B5DF00EF3DBC. 33034162-3B61-4973-87DE-5367F583DDF5.

vates, raphaeld, basschips and 10 others like this.
  8. HD007

HD007 Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2018
    Oooooh pretty shots there! I hope I get to see one of those in the wild someday. That color looks stellar.

I’ve been exploring some different “gears” recently on my 4HH. You have many fine adventures ahead of you.

9. Raslee

Raslee

Jul 4, 2007
    South west UK
    Thanks for the information, very helpful. Can i ask is the change of the cloverleaf tuner straight forward, easy? Thanks.

10. Bardolphus

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Well, I’m not 100% sure since I just shared the info, but I’d bet it’s as simple as removing the screw from the cog and swapping the pieces from one to the other. Couldn’t see it being anything too difficult, but maybe someone that did it will weigh in.

11. Stranger Danger

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    I haven't done it with this particular model but I have changed them on other Hipshot tuners and it was very easy.

Bardolphus likes this.
  12. Bass Urges

Bass Urges

Jul 30, 2017
    Dargie Delight for my birthday Saturday from the good wife. Back to the shop Monday. Clicking jack input which then cuts out.

Not impressed. Also told that being a barrel jack it needs a specific replacement if I want the same colour jack input. “EB parts around this part of the world may take a while....”. That doesn’t sound quite right to me but I’ll have to be patient. For BFR it’s pretty disappointing.

Groovegestapo likes this.
  13. Was it used?
    It wasn't a Special for sure.

14. HD007

HD007 Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2018
    Not sure if this is a factor, but I had an issue of sound cutting out that turned out to be battery compartment. I reinserted and made sure both doors were closed etc and that took care of it. Also played a brand new Dargie Delight at a store w same problem. Sales guy was mortified there was no sound but I knew what it was and we got it running.

However there was no clicking jack input so this might be unrelated. Good luck

Bass Urges likes this.
  15. Bass Urges

Bass Urges

Jul 30, 2017
    Definitely the jack input - rotate the lead slightly and out she’d drop.

I thought batteries at first too. Changed the batteries also and checked their seating and it kept doing it.

Re above - brand new and clearly not too special!!

HD007 likes this.
  16. Stranger Danger

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    Why do you say that?

17. Bardolphus

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I can certainly understand your disappointment. My 30th Anniversary SR5 showed up with a bad pickup and also had to have the battery box replaced. Things happen though and stuff breaks. Sucks anytime, but certainly when it's brand new, but EBMM took care of the problem for me. I'd give EBMM customer service a call.

Out of curiosity, I'm assuming that it's not as simple as adjusting the prong(s) on the jack?

Also, which part needs to be the same color? From what I can tell looking at the jack on my Special and others on the Internet, all of the basses with black hardware seem to use a jack where the nut and mounting plate are black, but the threaded portion is a chrome/silver color. Is yours different?

Just like this...

ernie-ball-music-man-bfr-stingray-special-hh-dargie-delight-11304745369665_1024x_crop_bottom.

18. HD007

HD007 Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2018
    PS: Regardless of the jack issue, your good wife deserves recognition. What a great birthday gift!

19. Wasn’t there someone in the stingray special club that had changed their jack to a Switchcraft? I was wondering which one they used and how they did it.