EBMM StingRay Special Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RichSnyder, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Bass7755

Bass7755

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    For $999.00 this Sterling is gonna be hard to pass up. It's light, great fit & finish The fretwork is very good and it has low action without fret buzz. And the roasted neck and fretboard is absolutely beautiful and as good as both of my Specials. They're holding it for me for a few days.
    Dan

byoung93888, N4860 and Lukasonbass like this.
  2. Lukasonbass

Lukasonbass

Dec 12, 2019
    New Hampshire
    That is going to be tough! That’s a good price and I loved my Sterling. It’s literally the only bass I regret selling. That Bongo sounds nuts too though... BFRs are tough to score, or so I’ve heard.

Bass7755 likes this.
  3. Bassclef46

Bassclef46

Feb 1, 2021
    i cant stop thinking about this one. going to have no choice but buy one.
    [​IMG]

Dasgre0g, Gabbs, Wolfhound32 and 8 others like this.
  4. Bass7755

Bass7755

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    I know this thread is about our wonderful Stingray Specials and I'm sorry to side track so bad. This will be my last non Special post.
    I will not be purchasing the Daphne Blue Sterling in the above post. I'm going to concentrate all of my funds on the upcoming Bongo BFR.
    If anyone is looking for a great SR 5 Sterling with the most amazing very dark neck and fingerboard. It's light I'm guessing a little over 9Lbs, medium low action and no fret buzz it available and they will ship it to you.
    It's at Fret Mill Music Roanoke. Va.
    I don't have anything to gain other than pointing my EBMM friends to an amazing bass.

Wolfhound32 and Lukasonbass like this.
  5. I have a champagne Sparkle 4 HH BFR that I am thinking of selling. I never play it

Lukasonbass and byoung93888 like this.
  6. New bass day! My very first Stingray just showed up, Special 5 HH in Frost Green Pearl. This thing is wicked, not nearly as heavy as I expected!

20210427_122530.jpg 20210427_122548.jpg

7. byoung93888

byoung93888

Sep 29, 2011
    Asheville, NC
  8. Lukasonbass

Lukasonbass

Dec 12, 2019
    New Hampshire

9. BassGuyFL

BassGuyFL Formerly known as RichardCranium

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    I still love my Aqua Sparkle but some of the new colors are awesome.

Wolfhound32, scottm and Lukasonbass like this.
  10. Wolfhound32

Wolfhound32

Sep 10, 2013
    WA State
    Congrats!!
    Be warned-- these things have a habit of multiplying if you're not careful :D

11. Shaggai

Shaggai

May 7, 2018
    New Jersey
    I love this one. I think it's the matching headstock which puts it over the top.

Lukasonbass likes this.
  12. Shaggai

Shaggai

May 7, 2018
    New Jersey
    Amen, brother!

Lukasonbass likes this.
  13. Bassclef46

Bassclef46

Feb 1, 2021
    i love a matching headstock. plus the roasted maple. the 4hh sounds so good too. I love using just the front pickup for that warm and fuzzy feeling. ahhhhhh
    Sadly i sold my ebony board 4hh so I must get another one. Thankfully i still have this bad oscar

IMG_1148 2.jpeg e9ibbueeni2ngq2ntn3h.jpg

14. NBD. Don't normally post these but hey I'm excited. Don't mind the dirty old deck... PXL_20210430_191612368.MP~2.jpg

Yetiparty, Cyborg, Bass7755 and 18 others like this.
  15. N4860

N4860

Mar 28, 2017
    Kitchener
    Wow, that is one special SR5.

16. Gabbs

Gabbs

May 15, 2010
    Boulder Creek, CA
    I didn't see the deck after I caught a glimpse of that neck

17. jd50

jd50 Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2017
    Stevensville MD
    Did you just get that on Reverb? I was following that one, beautiful bass I would have jumped on if I didn't just buy a couple, lol.

18. Yup. I've been looking at the new Specials for a while and then this popped up in my Reverb feed. Found the original listing for it from Willcutt Guitars, they had it listed at 8.0 lbs. That and the neck sealed the deal.

I think it is a bit hotter than my older Stingray 4, but is also a little noisier. Kind of surprised by that. Anyone ever opened their Special up to look at the shielding? Is it pretty good? Just curious.

jd50 and byoung93888 like this.
  19. _Obra_

_Obra_

Feb 22, 2011
    Dictatorship
    Finally got myself a StingRay Special Aqua Sparkle!

After three years without EB, I am finally back where I belong.
    It seems that all the problems that have existed so far have really been removed with a Special.

May I have a Club number please?

IMG_8052.JPG

Cyborg, Yetiparty, GregC and 9 others like this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021