1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eliminating Fret Buzz/Rogue Violin Bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fraiture_fan, Jan 1, 2012.

1. fraiture_fan

fraiture_fan

Jan 1, 2012
    Hey guys. I just bought my first bass about a week ago, a used Rogue Violin bass and it plays great except for a little fret buzzing that seems to only happen on the A and D string, only on certain frets, specifically the 9th fret on the A. The guy told me the strings are some old Fender flatwounds and I was just wondering how I might be able to eliminate this, if there's any way to raise the action on the bridge or any ideas? Thanks.

2. JLS

JLS

Sep 12, 2008
    Emeryville, Ca
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    I'd suggest that you have a pro setup done, and don't expect miracles with this instrument.

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I have the same bass and the workmanship on that instrument is not bad. It also sounds great with flatwound strings.

A pro can check the frets and setup for you, and if you just have a high fret it will not be expensive to correct it. You can also find a lot of information about setup, bridge adjustment and neck relief by searching TB.