1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone EB0 Sidewinder

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DNbass17, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Normally on a tone control you'd expect turning it to 10 would have tone on full brightness. However, I recently found it had the opposite effect on this EB-0 bass I've now had for quite a while.

I'm soon replacing the pickup anyway as it is not the best, but I was wondering why the EB-0 stock pickup does this? Is it like that on all basses and have I missed something this whole time? and why does it scoop the mids when you roll it up and not down.

Someone with the science knowledge please answer :)

2. Some Gibsons have a BASS control, maybe that's what you have:

RDspecsheet.

3. Nebula24

Nebula24

Nov 23, 2017
    Norman, OK
    What are you putting in it?

cuz i need to keep chrome i put in the new guild bisonic...Got rid of the muffle/pillow...love its sound now w tapewound...

But tone still doesn't do a lot. Removes a bit of bright but not much....gives me urge to add eq or 2nd pickup to make it do more...

20181021_171352.

4. It effects the mids tho not the bass, the bass is alealre fat with it rolled of because of the mudbucker

5. I'm going to put in the dimarzio model one, it's black so it won't keep with the colour scheme but I don't really care