Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Episode III

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Jeremy Allen, May 21, 2005.

1. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Visually stunning. Spectacular combat. The story gets where it needs to be before Episode IV. The terrible Lucas dialogue is somewhat improved. Enough Jedi-fu to last a lifetime.
    But...
    Anakin's descent to the Dark Side just doesn't ring true. Dammit, Lucas! This was your last chance, the final piece in the puzzle!

*ahem* Back to the bass.

2. I think that there is enough of a gap between III and IV to have a prelude to for. Not sure if Lucas has another Star Wars in him, though. I hear rumors bout a new Indiana Jones, I'll dig that one I love Indiana Jones. Well, a comment a little more on topic, does anyone know how those soundtrack gigs work? Do they pull in a whole orchestra or do they select bits and pieces of the whole symphony world by audition?
    Pete

3. OmniPaul

OmniPaul

Jan 5, 2004
    San Jose, Ca
    This is how I think episode 3 should have been.
    Click

4. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    That's it in a nutshell, they didn't sell his descent very well at all. Great eye-candy movie though, the many battle scenes were impressively chaotic.

5. Tom Hutton

Tom Hutton

Nov 22, 2004
    Indiana
    Yup. If he'd just decided that he was evil and gone to the Dark Side, fair enough, but doing it for love? My respect for Vader has diminished significantly. His evil powers are still pretty strong however - www.sithsense.com (flash-based website game thing - just thought I should warn you. Lot of fun though...)