1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ESP B206SM 6 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TechDeath, Mar 13, 2013.

1. TechDeath

TechDeath

May 16, 2012
    Finally got this bass for Christmas. Recently stopped using this site but I hope to start using it again now that I have a bit more experience
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1363189381.175669.

Attached Files:

2. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Great bass! Excellent tone, playability and cost - congrats! I've got one and love it so much I got a similar one (ESP LTD B-336SR):

[​IMG]

3. I think those basses are LTDs.

The brand of the bass is LTD (it's written on the headstock). Why are you keep calling them ESP LTD?... it sounds as lame as a Gibson Epiphone, or a Fender Squire.

4. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Congrats. Very nice sixer. Esp Ltd's are great basses.

5. TechDeath

TechDeath

May 16, 2012
    Idk it's just a habit having to say the same to others

6. TechDeath

TechDeath

May 16, 2012
    Are those gruvgear fret wraps I see?

7. Ive been eyeing the 4 stringer model. Love the spalted maple. The headstock is to die for on these. Lovely.

8. rtav

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Yes those are Gruvgear fretwraps on my ESP LTD's. I do a lot of tapping, etc. and they really help with unwanted overtones.

9. rtav

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    The box with the serial number and manufacturers info refer to them "ESP LTD" which explains why I call them that. I trust them to know what they're called, thanks, so I will defer to them.

Here's a link about the LTD line from ESP if it's confusing (it's about guitars, but it shows that ESP are the manufacturer of the LTD line): http://www.espguitars.com/news/LTD-Elite.html

I never called them ESP's without the qualifier "LTD", it's NOT lame, it's accurate, honest, and corresponds to reality.

"For most of those people, our LTD line of more affordable guitars and basses have been a great compromise between quality and value, and weʼre proud that our LTD instruments have allowed tens of thousands of players to get into ESP without breaking the bank."

Note the use of the first person plural possessive on the ESP site: "OUR LTD line," "OUR LTD instruments."

If ESP refer to LTD series instruments this way, I will as well. Don't like it? Think it's "lame"? LOL! Send your concerns to ESP - it's THEIR idea, not mine. End of story.

Since we're nitpicking, it's "Fender Squier," NOT "Fender Squire." THAT'S lame, incorrect and UNLIKE referring to ESP LTD instruments as "ESP LTD," the manufacturer does NOT refer to them as "Squire" instruments. Ever.

:D

10. If Electric Sound Products makes more LTDs than ESPs and if LTDs are listed alongside ESPs, unlike Squier and Epiphone, and if the company themselves title them ESP LTD. Then the darned things are ESP LTDs.

11. I am thinking of getting one of those in a 4 string. My main concern is the finish. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like they don’t have any protective clear coat on the body. So how do you keep them clean? I would expect that over time the body would pick up oils and sweat from your skin and get discolored and stained.

12. TechDeath

TechDeath

May 16, 2012
    I'm not sure on that one either, but I haven't had any problems with discoloration and it's still extremely clean.