1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fairfield Circuitry - THE CLUB

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by liveburning274, May 5, 2013.

1. Nope. Looks like a clean boost with a bugger. I think I'd want something small-ish with some kind of tone control.

2. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    a 'bugger'?

3. Sorry "buffer" of course, but you also wrote "sampler" instead of "wampler". :laugh:

4. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Edited...;)

Ti-Ron likes this.
  5. I think I'll leave the "bugger" as it is.

But on a serious note: I never really thought about boosts before, but if I wanted to boost the Barbershop it might really be nice to have some kind of tone control in the boost to hit it in different ways to see what happens…maybe? Btut then again, maybe it's just a stupid idea and I won't boost anything at all.

Stevorebob likes this.
  6. So...first test at high volume, since I rebought the Barbershop and the Accountant. I think the Tumnus can go. Simply leaving the Accountant on at Pad 2 and Ratio 0 or 1 and adding the Barbershop (or using it by itself) already produces such nice tones that there's no need for other dirt or boost (except of course for the more expressly distorted stuff, courtesy of my two fuzzes). The Accountant is such a great pedal.

7. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Tried the 4 eyes?
    Lots of Fun, that!

8. No, but I'm always interested in fuzzes. Loved the Unpleasant Surprise, but it had to make way for something that did the gate AND the squeal thing.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  9. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Something that died the gate AND the squeal thing...?
    What do you mean?

I LIKE the Unpleasant Surprise!!
    ...and I highly recommend you try the 4 eyes...so many sounds in there which I have not quite heard else where.

10. Oh my...I should really proofread my posts better. „did“ is the word.

Maybe the Four Eyes then…someday. :)

11. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    So; What did it have to make room for?:)

12. The Spore by Lareral Sound. For some reason it's no a very widely know pedal, but it can do nice things. From Boost and Overdrive to gated burpy sounds, fuzzy distortion and squealy oscillations that you can control with the tone and volume pots on your bass and/or guitar. It's just a really nice and versatile pedal.

13. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Thanks!:thumbsup:
    Can it do what the unpleasant surprise does, or does it still sound different?

14. Tough to say, since it's been a while. I remember that I had an Unpleasant Surprise and a Great Destroyer at one point and wanted something that could get close enough to both sounds and liked the Spore enough for that. Maybe it doesn't get as velcro-y (but still does) as the US and not as visceral as the GD, but still...it' a great little pedal. It also doesn't do the really compressed to shreds sounds of the US, but I didn't find those to be of much use to me.

15. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I'll have a look at it! Thanks!
    The Great destroyer is very much on my list already though, and has been for literally years...
    Am going to try if I can monkey it, with the unpleasant surprise into randy on trem...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  16. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    ...?!?

17. dregsfan

dregsfan Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Texas
    I can't imagine why I need to look any further for something to warm up/ tubify my solid state (well, 1 pre tube) Hartke LH500 amp. It has passive tone stack eq, and I will also use for playing some guitar thru.

Never read so many strong positive comments about a OD, than the BarberShop or Modele B.

I'll be proudly joining the club soon.

(I love the primitive aesthetics)

Thanks for all the info.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    petrus61 likes this.
  18. cavemanbass

cavemanbass

Nov 5, 2010
    Just got a Modele B Barbershop, and wanting to set the high cut. A card that came with the unit directed me to their website for the owners manual, but I'm not able to find any manuals on their website. I also emailed their support, no response.

Appreciate if someone here can help me...
    - does the unit ship with the jumper set for No high cut? (that would be my assumption)
    - to enable high cut, do I move the jumper to cover the other prongs i.e. the ones that are currently not inside the jumper? (this would be my assumption, but I've seen cases where jumpers had to be removed to enable / disable a feature).
    thanks for your help!
    Dave

19. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    9243524F-0242-4A00-AA40-D0D827D67F2C. 54A84B02-C3A1-41B0-8DC9-3BAFF801AC4E. Move the white jumper over to the next post. Very easy to do!

Jeff O'Connor and cavemanbass like this.
  20. cavemanbass

cavemanbass

Nov 5, 2010
    awesome, that is what I assumed but wanted to make sure I didn't f up my new pedal. Thanks!

Johno Dunn likes this.