FENDER 5 string Jazz/P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Michael Moore, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Michael Moore

Michael Moore

Mar 12, 2018
    FENDER makes a Jazz Bass with the Precision pickup in the neck position,.... ONLY in a 4 string version. I need a 5 string. Sure Lakeland and Sadowsky make them,... for THOUSANDS of dollars. Even a "Made In China" Sadowsky is over $1200! I ordered a couple Glarry GJazz 5 string basses, one in sunburst and one in their Yellow/Amber stain. They are gorgeous, and the materials are pretty good. BUT,... the design specs are wrong and the components are incorrect. EG: The bridge has 16mm string spacing, but the Bridge Pickup measures 18mm spacing between the pole sets. See a problem? Nothing will line up correctly. So I order Wilkinson 18.5mm bridge with brass barrels and that fixes the sting pickup alignment issue. Then I replace the neck position pickup with a P-Bass pickup, a Wilkinson Alnico pickup, and the Bridge Pickup is replaced with a Wilkinson Alnico for a matched set. It requires some routing and rewiring. I make the new pickguards by hand and machine too. I have Black, Tortoise, and Pearl Pickguards. They sound awesome, and play great. I setup with 70-80/1000's action, but can set whatever you want to play at. I want $300. Lemme know if yer interested.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  2. Michael Moore

Michael Moore

Mar 12, 2018
    Jazz JP 5 string 6.jpg 5 String Jazz P 3.jpg

TrevorG likes this.