1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender CS LOTTO Telecaster Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by topper, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Anybody know how this bass (Fender Custom Shop LOTTO Telecaster Bass) is wired?

I can find very little on this online. Looks like it's two volumes, two tones? And is the switch a basic series/parallel?

:bag: Before you ask, no I'm not planning to spend $6000 on a bass.

2. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    It's probably wired like a LP; I'd guess the switch is just a 3-way pickup selector... bass version of the Tele Deluxe, which was a Tele with LP wiring.

3. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    i think what u said has to be the way its weird i dont think its anything fancy

man that thing is cool but ugly

4. pipe_godzend

pipe_godzend fender junkie

Nov 26, 2007
    Washington D.C
    i know its probaly over priced

5. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    What's this "LOTTO" thing?

6. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Only by about 4k!

7. pipe_godzend

pipe_godzend fender junkie

Nov 26, 2007
    Washington D.C
    they also have a 69 p bass relic and a 60s p bass relic thats is "LOTTO"

8. So a 3-way pickup selector switch and then what are the four knobs? Is an LP two volumes two tones?

9. You need to win the lotto to justify buying it.

10. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Not gonna lie... if I had that much disposable income, I'd probably buy it.

Don't see why you couldn't build a comparable Warmoth version though. Someone take up the reigns on that and report back to us :)

11. Wow. That's very nice! Not at $6K though :rollno:

12. So, just to get us back on topic... No I'm not entertaining the idea of paying $6k for this (or any bass). Yes, I think building one out of parts is a fabulous idea and is in fact why I'm inquiring about the electronics configuration.

If it is like a les paul, that would be two volumes and two tones with a 3-way pickup select switch.

What's the point of a pickup select switch when you've got two volumes already? Is it just for speed?

I think I'd rather have a series/parallel switch. That way if you needed it, you could throw that switch and get a little volume boost and a little more bottom end.

13. It's just the way LPs (and generally any standard gibson) are wired.

14. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    +1

15. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Solo neck/blend/solo bridge.

16. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Fender copy of a US Lakland Decade at twice the price?

17. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Let's see, Lakland made a business of copying Fenders. Go buy the Lakland then. What's stopping you, $$$?

18. Fender can kiss my ***!I just don't like how they are doing us musicians.The majority of us are blue-collar "working musicians" grinding it out in the bars.It appears to me that they like kicking a man when he's down,with the economy and all.No thanks,if I want a bass like that,I'll go to Warmoth w/$6,000.00 and have one made in a different color for each day of the week.

19. +1. This thing would sound HUGE. :bassist:

20. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    That tele is B E A U T I F U L.

Wow, I mean its not really that good looking, but its so good looking... if you catch my drift. ;)