1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble 500 or Ampeg BA-210 V2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Leonsuper, Sep 10, 2019.

1. David Lakin

David Lakin

Aug 13, 2011
    Sweetwater Sound is the place you need to check out for GK gear. Great folks and they have great service and return policy as well.

Leonsuper likes this.
  2. lyricsoflife

lyricsoflife

Feb 21, 2011
    Derby, KS
    Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to try the Ampeg but the Rumble 500 has performed way beyond expectations for me, a shot with my Rumble 410 cab. Absolutely shakes things.

Attached Files:

PockySteve likes this.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I agree about the money part, but you are talking two completely different versions of BA amps from 2011 and the ones you get currently. Now sure, there have been isolated cases where a BA V2 combo had a rattle or other problem, but I've also seen isolated cases on here where a Rumble V3 rattled, as well as other problems, too. And a quick Google search revealed 4 1/2 to 5 star ratings for the BA 210 v2 at every single major musical instrument seller listed on the first page, including Sweetwater, Musicians's Friend, GC, and Sam Ash.

So if the Rumble is your choice, I am very happy for you that you have an amp you like. But no need to resort to BS to sing their praises. And I don't know if you noticed, but both the Rumbles and Ampeg amps have warranties. So if you do get one with a problem, it can easily be exchanged.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    iagtrplyr likes this.
  4. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    I use a Mesa preamp DI with mine mainly because of the preEQ DI but the top end is a little sweeter than the Fender pre.

SmokinJoe992 likes this.
  5. Leonsuper

Leonsuper

Sep 10, 2019
    I think they don't ship products to my country, but thank you for the suggestion. I'm looking at their website.

6. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    I have and gig the Rumble 40 and pretty much always have the Bass control at 9 or 10 o'clock otherwise it's too much. Don't be afraid to turn that knob down. If I add lows it's with the low mid control.

BobDeRosa and Boldaz-Lepton like this.
  7. Tim Skaggs

Tim Skaggs

Sep 28, 2002
    I owned an Ampeg BA210V2 for a couple years. Here's my take;
    • Sounded OK, a little bit of a baked-in tone, but not so much like classic Ampeg
    • The pots / knobs seemed very flimsy, but functioned ok.
    • The amp is not exactly a lightweight.
    • Amp alone didn't seem to be as loud / powerful as it should be at it's power rating.
    I traded mine for a new Fender Rumble 115 that I drive with a GK MB500. That setup will get much, MUCH, louder than the BA210v2 would by itself, and I like the tone much better.

The BA210v2 has some nice features, but was a disappointment overall. It was at its best when I sat it on top of another 8 ohm cab. It sounded much better with som help.

Leonsuper likes this.
  8. Madhouse27

Madhouse27 Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2016
    My daughter has an Ampeg BA110 that gets schlepped back and forth to school a couple of times a week (and who knows what happens to it while its there). If there was some fragility or inherent quality issue, I think we would have found it by now. Used sparingly, I kind of like the tube warmness vibe from the Scrambler section. I don’t about the bigger models, but for around 150 bucks this thing’s been a great buy.

JimmyM likes this.
  9. Engineer_Josh

Engineer_Josh

Apr 26, 2016
    FWIW, I spent like three hours A/Bing the Rumble 500, BA210, Rumble 200, BA 115, and even tried the Rumble 100....ultimately went home with the Rumble 500 in part because of the slightly smaller and lighter cabinet and the larger number claimed for watts (I know this was succumbing to Marketinq hype but who hasn’t at one time or another)

Leonsuper likes this.
  10. I have a Ampeg BA110 I caught it just to play small gigs with my pastor who is an awesome musician. I got to so I wouldn't have to drag my MB jeff Berlin 151p around. I have played maybe 100 people on those gigs, And I have had to crank it sometimes. I bought it early 2017. I have never had an issue with it none, and that little amp gets knock around a lot in out the car and such, plays great as good as the day i bought it.

11. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    Annsman Pro Audio Dealer
    I bought both a BA-108 and BA-210, both v2's. Not a single problem with either. Oh the 108 did get about 3 gallons of sweet tea poured over it a few months back but didn't seem to damage it. Go figure. I do shows with both every week, and absolutely love the BA-210 BTW. Yep it's a bit heavy, but boy can it drive an 810 cab when needed. Highly recommend them both.

iagtrplyr and JimmyM like this.
  12. Leonsuper

Leonsuper

Sep 10, 2019
    Thank you, everyone. You really helped and I think your comments will help more people with the same question I had.

I ordered the Rumble. I think it's a safer bet than the Ampeg. The GK amps look good too, but from what I researched it would be hard to buy one in my country. I hope I have the chance to try them out in the future.

I can share my opinion about the amp when I try it.

Jesuguru, iagtrplyr, BlueP and 2 others like this.
  13. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    You have chosen wisely. Rumble On! :cool:

Leonsuper, BlueP and BobDeRosa like this.
  14. BobDeRosa

BobDeRosa Commercial User

May 16, 2012
    Penfield, NY
    Owner, Tritone Jazz Fantasy Camps
    I agree with Linnin. Great choice. Please let us know how you like it.

Leonsuper, BlueP and Linnin like this.