Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Nice! Looking forward to the gig review.
    Im going to look at and try the 500 combo today.

Linnin likes this.
  2. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    I recommend trying it all flat and bounce around the vintage on/off as well as bright on/off. One tip I got recently was this:

Keep the gain mid to low-ish and control your volume testing with the master. I used to be a "push the gain" guy but I found on this amp low to mid gain is where the amp's personality sits.

mikecd1, eudaimonia and Linnin like this.
  3. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    Anyone know where I can get a cover for this amp?

4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Today’s Rumble Talk puts the spotlight on speakers. I have come upon some interesting information that I would like to pass along. Fender’s new Eminence woofers in the Rumble 100; 200, and 500 combos, along with Rumble 115 & 410 speaker cabinets are all custom designed and manufactured especially for a very specific application.

Both the Rumble 200 1x15 combo, and the Rumble 115 cabinet have gotten a lot of love with many testimonies that there is a special tone mojo magic with the Eminence 15” woofer. It is the very same driver in both. The tone of which was found to be so pleasing that Fender decided to go ahead and use it in the combo even though the 300/600 watt power handling rating far exceeded the need.

The 10” Eminence drivers found in the Rumble 500 combo and Rumble 410 are very similar in specifications and tone qualities. The biggest difference being that of voice coil impedance. In the combo they are 16 ohms wired in parallel for a total 8 ohm load. In the 410 cab they are 8 ohms with pairs wired first in series (to get 16 ohms) and then each pair is wired parallel for a total 8 ohm load for the cabinet. Once again there has been a lot of love expressed for the tone and overall sound quality. Those who have put the Rumble 500 combo on top of a Rumble 410 cabinet have been mightily impressed.

The Rumble 100 combo stands alone with a single Eminence 12” woofer, yet has received mountains of accolades for excellence of tone and VOLUME! It’s the marvelous little lightweight engineering marvel where design excellence meets Fender tone mojo. Fender’s Rumble 100 exceeds all expectations.

Fender’s ‘Special Design’ drivers are exactly that, and not just marketing puffery unlike a lot of other brands where they use off the shelf speakers but say otherwise. Fender Special Design woofers are very robust with good tone.

5. nitrofix

nitrofix Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
  6. My 40 isn't cutting it. Time to upgrade to the 500

7. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Once you say that it's no longer true. Thanks you just ruined it for the rest of us. ;)

chupacerveza and Linnin like this.
  8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I see that wink ;) But no, the status quo here at talkbass would much rather you buy something much more expensive (needlessly so) from some other much more acceptable brand(s). Rumble owners are most definitely nonconformists.

:cool: Fender Rumbles Don't Cost A Million Bucks. They Just Sound Like They Do! :cool:

chupacerveza likes this.
  9. 68Luds

68Luds

Aug 13, 2014
    London
    Love that headstock picture. May cut n paste that, send it to a photo shop to get blown up on a print and frame it.
    Then hang it in my music room.
    Thanks man. Cool.

stevie p and Linnin like this.
  10. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    PM me your email and I'll send you a higher Rez pic

11. 68Luds

68Luds

Aug 13, 2014
    London
    Ok cool thanks man, may take a while as I haven't pm'd anyone yet.
    Thanks though.

12. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    This goes for any of you. Happy to share.

ScottMatt and Linnin like this.
  13. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    Can you tell me what paint color that wall is? I Love It!

Rob

14. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    Thoughts on putting this amp on a tilt back stand?

15. phodg

phodg

Feb 9, 2014
    Chicago
    Could I get a Rumble Club number please ? Just bought a V3 100 to replace my old Crate 15 watter. It's a lot louder, I can tell you. :)

Linnin likes this.
  16. #249 checking in. Wow great response solid low end slap your face mids. And when you jump on it, it's give me more. The tones you can get with just minor changes. But wait the bright, contour and vintage switches give you different flavors of tone. As far as power the amp didn't even get warm. Now I have always been a tube guy. This has changed my mind. I really don't use the overdrive, eventually I will all I need is is a slight overdrive. Will report back when I do. Did I mention the EQ really works they nailed the frequencies!

Linnin likes this.
  17. hotbass57

hotbass57

Nov 27, 2011
    Fairfield,Ohio
    Hey Fletz, there are some guys who did put tilt backs on their combos Just try a search, you can buy the Fender arms at MF.

Linnin likes this.
  18. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    But of course you can, phodg! Welcome to the Fender Rumble Club, you are member #252 :hyper:

:D Rumbles Rule! :roflmao:

19. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Supporting Member

Are you sure?

I put a flip-out foot on my V3 100, from Speaker Hardware. It required making a cutout in the bottom, but the geometry isn't critical, the part is light, and the finished product is very stable.

I've only ever seen Fender tiltback legs on shallow cabs. I thought about them for my Rumble, but they normally deploy behind the cab. When not in use, they just hang down. In both positions, gravity keeps things secure and stable.

When I drew it out for the square proportions of the 100, it did didn't seem to work out.

Then I thought about using them "backwards"- angled back when stored, then lowering them to support the tilted amp from a point near the front of the cab. Once again, I couldn't seem to find a suitable layout.

I'm wondering if I gave up on the idea too soon. Does anyone have pics of a V3 with tiltbacks installed?

20. BloozBass

BloozBass

Oct 29, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    Somewhere earlier in this thread I detailed the whole tilt back leg thing that I did, but here are a couple of shots. Angle works out to be about 45 degrees - perfect for what I do with it. Steve - I like that kickstand you put on. Considering one of those for gigs where I don't want quite as much angle as the legs provide.

Edit - here's the original post #966 in this thread: Fender Rumble Club?
    TILT 1.jpg TILT 2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    sleepyEDB likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021