Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Just popped for my second rumble. I have a 30 I use for practice and I just bought the new Rumble 500 to replace my ridiculously big and heavy stack for a gig amp. And since it is so light, I'll use it for rehearsal and get rid of my 55 lb Behringer UlltaBass 1800.
    I can't believe how close to a tube amp this thing sounds.
    number, please.

68Luds and Linnin like this.
  2. 68Luds

68Luds

Aug 13, 2014
    London
    Do it man, you won't regret it.

Linnin likes this.
  3. eudaimonia

eudaimonia

Jan 12, 2014
    Wow, that's a really nice looking little stack. Good job!

4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    :woot: WOOT! :woot: Welcome to the Fender Rumble Club, Gravedigger Dav! You are member #247 :hyper:

:D Rumbles Rule! :roflmao:

5. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    They're built off of the basic EV TL-806 plans found all over the Internet... Used Eminence 2512 drivers that I had already in some other (much heavier) cabs... Went with light 1/2" ply for the top, bottom, and sides... 3/4" for everything else. They weigh a shade under 21.5 lbs. each... Compact, crisp, and loud enough for most of my gigs. Great match for the Rumble head :D

tl806_open.jpg

-robert

6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Eminence Deltalite 2512 Neo's?
    http://www.eminence.com/speakers/speaker-detail/?model=DeltaliteII_2512
    These are basically what's in my Rumble 112 Neo cabs. They are absolutely killer! :smug:

7. vdub75

vdub75

Feb 15, 2013
    Celle/Germany
    cheers! I built an 806 myself with a normal delta but never got to finish it. not yet.

8. richbassboy

richbassboy

Feb 11, 2010
    Exactly how i felt with the 200 in a full band rehearsal. . Coped so7nded good but was struggling to really keep up at heavy volumes. . 500 is the goods...

68Luds likes this.
  9. Re
    Really liking those.!!!
    Would a 12" cab like this work well with the 500 combo as an extension? If I do get the 500, i will sooner or later want an extension cab. I would have no problem buying the fender 15", but as someone else mentioned earlier, I hate the way the size of the box is different. I would really like a nice even looking stack. Those wider 15's just look weird underneath the combo. I'm just picky I guess. ;)

68Luds and ScottMatt like this.
  10. vdub75

vdub75

Feb 15, 2013
    Celle/Germany
    If you want to do a cab, just make it 3,2 cu ft, put in 2 pipes /4" dia, 4" long) and you have a cab with the same tuning as an EV TL 606 or orange obc 115. Put a kappa in it or a delta and you have a nice cab.

11. 68Luds

68Luds

Aug 13, 2014
    London
    Yeah man. It coped but wasn't far off being maxed out. 500 is for hero's

12. 68Luds

68Luds

Aug 13, 2014
    London
    I totally agree. You'd think they'd have them all matched up.

13. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Supporting Member

I suspect that they are matched up, at least from Fender's perspective.

The 410 and the 115 cabs are both 23" wide. That gives them 2x15, 4x10 over 115, and 8x10 configurations that stack perfectly under the Rumble heads, right down to the magnetic cups that stop the head from sliding around.

Maybe Fender expects that most buyers will use the combos without an extension. Plus, the few that do may be using random pre-owned or rented cabs which will not be a match anyway.

Meanwhile, the rear-mounted controls on the 200 and 500 combos mean that visually, there's no "up". There aren't any heat or vibration issues if you lay them on their sides either, courtesy of the SS amp modules,

I suspect it's no coincidence that the combos both happen to be 23" high. When you lay the combo on its side, that makes a perfect 23" wide stack with either the 115 or the 410,

The only folks who really got left out of the party, were those who would like a 2x10 extension to match the 500 combo, for a vertical 4x10 stack.

ScottMatt likes this.
  14. richbassboy

richbassboy

Feb 11, 2010
    Not the same depth though.

15. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Supporting Member

True, but it's only a half-inch difference, with the bottom cab being deeper. That wouldn't be a show stopper for me.

16. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    I went through the same process. I looked at the Mark Bass 102P, the Ampeg PF500, and the Rumble 500. I really liked the sound of the Rumble best of the 3 and it is the lightest and least expensive of the 3. I would have to have the Rumble and a tube bassman side by side to tell the difference, I think. You will not regret it.
    BTW, GC has them on sale at the moment.

68Luds likes this.
  17. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    I prefer mixing a 1x15 and a 210. I like the sound better. I don't see an extension cab that matches the new Rumble 500 anywhere on line.

18. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Today's Rumble Talk is one of simple correction and informational update. I have been given new information concerning Rumble amplifier's power section designs.

1) Only Rumble 200 and 500 amplifiers use class D ICEPower modules.

2) The Rumble 100 utilizes a custom designed SMPS with a class D amplifier.

3) The Rumble 40 and 25 both utilize a custom SMPS with a class AB amplifier.

After Winter NAMM '14 it was initially widely reported all Rumbles 40 and up were D-Class. I had no reason to believe otherwise.

Note: SMPS = Switched Mode Power Supply -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switched-mode_power_supply

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    Miles_ONeal and chupacerveza like this.
  19. Zagato

Zagato

Aug 17, 2014
    I'm in, Rumble 15 =)

chupacerveza and Linnin like this.
  20. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Yes You Are! :woot: Welcome to the Fender Rumble Club, Zagato! You are member #248 :hyper:

:D Rumbles Rule! :roflmao:

chupacerveza likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021