Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. mbart203

mbart203

Dec 29, 2009
    CT.
    I've got the bumper sticker :) and the shirts.
    I've been rocking my old Peavey strap for over 10 years with no plans of changing it.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Linnin likes this.
  2. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Actually, I myself don't really hear that much difference between the 100 and the 40. Your audience certainly won't. I live in Oslo, and like yourself, I use a lot of public transport. I know from experience that even a 40 is difficult to carry around the way you describe, at least for longer distances. The life-saver for us public transport users is a small foldable cart, which will also enable you to get the 100, if you think that works best tone-wise.

jfh2112 and Linnin like this.
  3. bdooijes

bdooijes

Feb 22, 2009
    Amsterdam
    That's not a bad idea, i could even strap a tilt-stand on to it.

4. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    My advice is always: go for the 500. (Or the bigger of the 2 you are looking at).

The head fits in a backpack. The 15” cab is really portable.

5. OT, but I recall seeing a guy in Amsterdam at a train terminal flip open his brief case and transform it into a bicycle, and pedal away while I was watching. It was a larger briefcase, but still no bigger than a medium size piece of luggage.

6. The Chuck

The Chuck

Dec 11, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    My Rumble 200 combo should be arriving tomorrow (Friday).

I ordered it because the Hartke 2500 I'd been using as my practice rig for the last 25-30 years finally stopped working and I was unable to repair it.

I did tons of research on combos and settled on the Rumble 200. I believe it will be perfect for me.

I'll be sure to post a picture or two once it comes in. Looking forward to joining the world of Rumble!

pbass74, pudgychef, JakobT and 5 others like this.
  7. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I hope you love your Rumble 200 as much as I love mine. Welcome to the club @The Chuck :woot:

The Chuck and Scatabrain like this.
  8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Fellow Rumble Club member @eric_B is also from the Netherlands and has a Rumble 100 that he has modified very well. I'm sure he has some insight to share with you.

9. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    ^^^Take This Advice @bdooijes ^^^ :thumbsup:

jfh2112 likes this.
  10. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    If you don't mind doing a little modding: a while ago I looked at ordering a pull out handle (link) and 2 wheels (link) for my V3 100 so it can be used as a trolley:

1452265218penn_elcom_HG-4082_1.jpg

1452265224penn_elcom_A5253_1.jpg

As plans changed I didn't get to try it but it should work, you can lift it into a bus or train by the top handle and roll it behind you like a suitcase when you are walking.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  11. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Awesome! Makes you wonder why amps don’t come with stuff like this. I’ve seen it on only one (quite expensive) TC rig.

12. mbart203

mbart203

Dec 29, 2009
    CT.
    Ampeg used to have a portable series with this feature.

JakobT likes this.
  13. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    Yeah the Ampeg Portabass

mbart203 likes this.
  14. mumbojumbo

mumbojumbo Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Benicia, ca
    Getting mine this week. I'm a little of a snob and I've owned many class D amps, what about the 500 do you think is its best feature and what can be improved on?

15. dawhatthevid

dawhatthevid

Feb 2, 2015
    here's my rumble 500c trolley mod :)
    wp_20160628_10_40_26_pro-jpg.jpg
    wp_20160628_10_40_52_pro-jpg.jpg
    i have done the mod some time ago and have to say, that i did not use it that often, because for short distances it's easier to carry it. the small wheels make it difficult to move over obstacles and the amp rumbles like an amped rolling case :D ...but if you go by subway and roll it on longer distances, it's a nice thing to have

16. btmpancake

btmpancake Gold Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Apollo beach, Florida
    To me; the best feature is how easy it is to tweak and dial in your taste/tone. Improvement? Well a nice case enclosure would be nice but they would have to raise the price, and some people would complain about the design or durability or something-you know they would.

17. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    That's easy! You buy it for the Classic Fender Tone. The front end is as versatile as you are going to get at this price point. I do not know what Fender's Principal Engineer, Dave Lewis, has up his sleeve for the V4 Rumbles or when they might be introduced.
    Two things that wouldn't cost too much more would be combo 1/4" / speakon output jacks in the heads, and a pre/post EQ switch on the XRL out.
    I do not think that Fender wants to drive the Rumble line out of it's current market niche. Bumping the top power up to a Rumble 800 head would require a total revamp of the power handling capacity of Rumble speaker cabinets, and that is something I don't think we'll see simply due to increased expense to the bass playing consumer. For that level, the Bassman 800 is already available as is the line of Bassman Pro Neo speakers. No need to reinvent the 800 watt wheel.

18. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Cool, I probably just stole your idea :)

Thanks for the feedback about the small wheels, it was something I was wondering about.

19. Stranger Danger

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    I don't know if this has been posted already but if you turn the overdrive level all the way down then the foot switch acts as a mute. Handy if you want it.

20. Stranger Danger

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    I like what you've done. I like those knobs too!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021