1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Hardly. The D800 is rated in Duty Cycle Voodoo Watts and doesn't have the real wattage the Rumble 500 has that the Rumble 115 was designed to handle. Mesa equipment is over rated and over priced. One thing @Yogi Bear could do if he has the time is to sell the D800 then wait and buy the new Rumble Stage 800 instead. :woot:

Yogi Bear likes this.
  2. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    That requires an immeasurable amount of patience!

Linnin likes this.
  3. mesaplayer83

mesaplayer83

Jun 27, 2017
    I get that you're pro Fender, and I am too - however, the above is total BS...

4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Actually it does. Just because the official release is only 23 days away, that doesn't mean they will be ready to ship March 1st. I remember when the V3 Rumbles were introduced it was May before we got any, and year after that before production even began to keep up with demand. You had to pre-order if you wanted one. Demand was so high it gave Fender pricing power to raise the price of the Rumble 500 combo not once but twice.

But who doesn't want 15 amps, and 40 studio quality effects? [That's a rhetorical question. Don't answer]

subliminal message ... buy Stage 800 ... buy Stage 800 ... buy Stage 800 ...

Yogi Bear likes this.
  5. tb4sbp

tb4sbp

May 9, 2017
    North East
    Hello,
    I tried searching this question as I thought I saw it here before but could not find it so...
    I am looking at the Rumble 500 combo and want to pair it with a cab
    I thought I read that the 115 sounds great but is prone to break/be damaged by a two speaker cab to one speaker cab issue
    Has anyone heard of this or experienced this?
    Any thoughts about a 115 cab vs the 210 cab?

I know one amp cannot do everything but how has the Rumble served you with an EXT cab? Parties, Clubs, indoors, outdoors.
    And which cab do you feel was better for the situation?

Thanks for reading and answering

6. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I paired my 500c with the 2x10, mainly because it matched is size and speaker configuration. I think we may have some members using a 1x12 or a 1x15, but I don't know for sure. Hopefully, they will help.

I like what I get out of mine. Adding the extension adds some volume, but it really adds punch and presence to the sound. I use it for most of our regular bar gigs.

jmhaslip, J-Bassomatic and EdO. like this.
  7. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    That is an absolute lie! The Rumble 115 is as stalwart and bullet proof a speaker cabinet as has ever been made by mankind. It is spectacular with a Rumble 500 combo. The 15 " woofer is total tone compliment to the twin 10" woofers of the combo.

8. mesaplayer83

mesaplayer83

Jun 27, 2017
    Here's a counter proposal:

You send me a Rumble 115 cab, and I'll hook it, then one of my SW115 cabs up to my D800, gradually increasing the volume - and we'll see how long it can hang before the D800 blows it up... If the Rumble 115 blows first, I'll laugh at you - and say I told you so... If the SW115 blows first, I'll buy you a new Rumble Stage 800...

Deal?

9. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    That's a deal! :smug:

mesaplayer83 likes this.
  10. mesaplayer83

mesaplayer83

Jun 27, 2017
    lol

Linnin likes this.
  11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I mentioned this in the other thread, but I asked for clarity from Fender on the topic of the 4/8-ohm switch, and this is what I was told:

"The power rating is 400W/8ohms (internal speakers) or 800W with an extension cabinet. The impedance switch allows for some flexibility to pair different cabinets with the combo other than a single 8ohm cabinet. Now a single 4ohm cabinet is another option, or 2-8ohm cabinets daisy chained since there is only 1 extension jack present.

Adding an 8ohm extension cabinet creates a 4ohm total load, with 800W delivered evenly to each cabinet (400W ea).

Adding a 4ohm (total) extension cabinet creates a 2.67ohm total load to the amplifier, and the power would divide unevenly between the cabinets - roughly 300W to the internal speakers, and 500W to the external 4ohm cabinet(s). To keep things simple for the customer, we avoided referring to the 2.67ohms total load on the product and only focused on the rating/impedance of the external cabinet connected.

There are no power resistors or anything complicated involved. The switch simply reduces the output to match the lower impedance for ‘constant’ power. The amp won’t be damaged if the switch is set in the wrong position, but there is risk of activating thermal protection circuits particularly if a 4ohm cabinet is used with the switch set to 8ohm. The amp produces less power in the reverse situation (ext cabinet = 8ohm, switch = 4ohm). The minimum load impedance for this product is 2.67ohm, so connection of external cabinets below 4ohms (total) is not recommended."​

That makes sense to me.

12. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Dilly! Dilly!

btmpancake likes this.
  13. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Thank you, thank you, @tombowlus, for that authoritative answer to my questions about the Rumble Stage 800's impedance switch. That is totally cool!!!

:hyper:

RedVee, pudgychef, JACink and 2 others like this.
  14. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    DillyDilly.

tombowlus likes this.
  15. ursus

ursus

Jul 16, 2003
    Malmo, Sweden
    Thanks Tom Bowlus. Wonder what combination to prefer? One equal 8 ohm cab cab maybe Rumble 210 for the 400+400W or one heftier 4 ohm cab underneath that can take more juice typical 600-700W?

Linnin likes this.
  16. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    My guess is that adding a second 8-ohm matching 2x10 is going to be a fantastic option (and hard to beat), but hey, it's good to have options! :thumbsup:

RedVee likes this.
  17. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    A pair of Rumble 210s for a total of 6x10 and 800 real watts! WOOF!

18. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    The possibilities are mind-boggling! The 4 ohm load could be multiple daisy-chained cabs!!!

:woot:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  19. I've got a Rumble 500Combo... (with 2x10" speakers in it)
    I've not used the Rumble 115 cab but have a couple of the Bassman Pro Neo 115 cabs.
    I've used my Rumble 500C on its own and with the Bassman 115 cab. . Which matches up pretty well with the 210s inside the combo.
    I'm usually in favour of matching speakers. . hence my having 2 Bassman Pro Neo 115s (which I generally use with my Fender Super Bassman all tube amp )
    But... the times that I have used my 115 Bassman cab with the 500C ... it's been all good.
    As I say, I've not used the 115 Rumble cab, but have heard many VERY good reports about it.
    I'm sure the 500C would match up well with either the Rumble 210 ext cab OR the Rumble 115 cab.

dbbltime likes this.
  20. mikecd1

mikecd1 Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2009
    New England
    My Rumble 500C sounds amazing with the Rumble112 adding some nice warm low to the already full-sounding internal 2x10.

78Stingray, jmhaslip and lowplaces like this.