Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Such a deal!:smug:

Rizillin likes this.
  2. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    @abath07, you should checkout the Fender Rumble Modifications section of the Rumble Wiki page for the "Blackface it" mod by Kevins1701.

HTH :)

GonePlaid likes this.
  3. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal

4. Rizillin

Rizillin

Jul 2, 2012
    What are you talking about here: "The signature lipped corners to use are the "flat" ones, without the dished screw holes, Fender part #0991348000." It's hard to see a difference in the pix. Do you have any more pix you could send? Thanks!

GonePlaid likes this.
  5. Slaphound

Slaphound Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Other than looks, does the Rumble 210 cab BLK/BLK differ in anyway from the Rumble 210 Cabinet?

6. Slaphound

Slaphound Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    I did the same thing. I impulse bought the Rumble 500 before I couldn't get one new. I started off hating it. Then started to like. Then I dismissed it again and now Im happy with it. Again....LOL.

I have been trying to compare the Rumble 500 to the Rumble 350 through the Rumble 115 cab...Its a head scratcher for sure. I get worn out getting up and switching things around and I also get tone overload. When I play with the band, I like both heads. They are both different. Alone though, I like the 500. I also have a Littlemark II that I like to compare and an RS 210 cab. But Sticking to the Rumble, I think I prefer the 500. Its more versatile and more fun really.
    The 350 is very good and the sweepable mids knob is enjoyable too and with the band the 350 brings more discipline and its a little flatter if not Fatter. Recorded, I like the 500 much better with the band. I was going to return it but for now I'm just going to keep everything and just try to really zone in on what I like best. I mean, every room is different and I play in different rooms with the band so tone chasing for any use beyond playing alone in my house may be fruitless and most people listening in a bar don't care. It doesn't translate in their ear I think. So I don't know if it'll matter much to me when we gig. But at home I can focus on cool tones. i'm sure I'll never settle for just one 'tone' for very long. And this is leading me to thinking about getting a Rumble 100 for gigs. Light and easy to use.

7. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    FYI, Rumble Studio 40 owners! Those lucky (rich) Rumble Stage 800 owners got the 4-button footswitch included with their amp. But not us Studio owners! It's an extra-cost "option" for us!! But, it enables convenient remote foot control of several functions, including the built-in tuner, amp preset selection, Setlist preset selection, Quick Access preset selection, effects bypass, 60-second looper and more. The more you use the features of the Rumble Studio, the less optional the footswitch becomes. :(

So, do you wanna save a few bucks on the 4-button Fender MGT-4 footswitch that makes so many of the features of these cool bass amps easier? Find an old Fender ULT-4 footswitch made for the Fender B-DEC & G-DEC amps, or an old Fender MS-4 footswitch made for the older Fender Mustang amps. They are electronically identical and will work just like the MGT-4, only they can be bought used for a lot less $$. :)

ULT-4 Footswitch for B-DEC.jpg

Yeah, well the button labels are a bit different, and that can be a little confusing. Not to worry, Fender has that covered. :smug: You can download a PDF file to print a button label overlay that will update the older footswitch to the new terminology to make it look like this:

MGT-4 Footswitch paper overlay.jpg

Well, Yours will probably look better than this. I was too impatient to cut the hole edges very neatly. And I couldn't find my hole punch to uncover all those little lights! But that's better, right? Now you can follow the manual instructions for how to use the footswitch. Just be careful not to crease or tear the paper with your foot!

But, wait! There's more!! Fender will even send you a spiffy magnetic overlay*, free of charge, to stick onto the older footswitch for a more secure, better looking button label update. (Or easily remove it for use with the older amp(s).) There, now, doesn't that look better? And it's much sturdier than the paper version. [*While supplies last.] But, hurry! Act now, before supplies are gone! Just contact Fender Support, and give them your mailing address, to request your Magnetic MGT-4 Overlay. :D

MGT-4 Footswitch Magnetic Overlay.jpg

I hope this helps some worthy Fender Rumble Studio owners! :thumbsup:

Coloradotwanger, Diver, MCF and 10 others like this.
  8. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    I know these aren't what you mentioned but I like them. 1020181039-00.jpg 4 of the new with 2 of the original. Got 'em on Amazon. 1020181046-00.jpg

9. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Here's a link to the Fender part #0991348000 corner he references for his Blackfaced Rumble. The main difference I see is this one he uses covers more of the front side of the corner than the stock corner does.

Stock Corner . . . . . . . . . . Blackface Corner
    Stock Rumble Corner.jpg . . . . . . . . . . BF_corner.jpg

10. Ghook

Ghook

Sep 25, 2018
    Eastern US

I had zero qualms with the Ampeg. I actually had a B-15 flip in the 60's. I bought a Fretless and love the low volume clairity and Boomer bass tone on the Rumble, 25w...8"...amazing.

11. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    More Bling!

Nebula24, EatS1stBassist and G-Dog like this.
  12. Rizillin

Rizillin

Jul 2, 2012
    Ok. Cool. Now I can tell. I like the vintage ones! Thanks!

GonePlaid likes this.
  13. Rizillin

Rizillin

Jul 2, 2012
    I really like those black ones. Are they shiny and smooth ore matte? They look shiny in the pic...

GonePlaid likes this.
  14. So I have tendinitis as of last Saturday, will be out of playing until next Thursday . Kinda sucks but I’ve got to let it heal since we have a concert in 2 weeks

rodl2005 and EatS1stBassist like this.
  15. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

A local bass player went into the Fender dealer to try a Studio 40 & the complaint was that they didn't have the foot-switch.
    I pointed out that the MGT-4 they had connected to their Mustang GT amp in the back would have worked. It still surprises me they didn't know this.

I seriously considered buying a Mustang GT for the pedal/foot-switch compatibility, but TBH our VOXs sound better.

GonePlaid likes this.
  16. Cardsfan_69

Cardsfan_69

Jan 21, 2019
    Iowa
    So I tossed my old headphones down onto the carpet next to my amp this afternoon, as I've done many times without a second thought. Went to use them a minute ago and the right one is shot. Loose and rattling inside.
    Looking for decent headphones now on amazon and losing my mind! Far too many choices.
    What are you guys using with good bass response and no distortion? Kind of used to sealed back, over ear but looking at semi- open over ear. I want to stay under $100 if possible, I don't record, only practice with them.

GonePlaid likes this.
  17. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Take care, man.

rodl2005 and EatS1stBassist like this.
  18. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    If you use sealed back/over ear, you can ignore distractions-like being asked to take out the trash, answer the phone, etc.:rolleyes:

19. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Gloss.

Rizillin and EatS1stBassist like this.
  20. Bottom Octave

Bottom Octave

Dec 12, 2014
    none
    I've been using Sony MDR-7506 headphones since 1997. Bass response is tight, they are pretty much bullet-proof, and the impedance is 63 ohms, exceeding the 32-ohm minimum specified in the Rumble manual. These came from my studio days and I am still using my original pair, having replaced only the ear cushions. I upgraded the deteriorating pleather to the plush Beyer replacements. You should be able to find a pair at around your price-point.

Attached Files:

jwindham, b-b-b-bass and GonePlaid like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021