Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Poofter-Floss! Pix? We don't need no stinkin' pix! Everyone is welcome here! Welcome to the Fender Rumble Club, BEADG63 :woot: You are member #571 :hyper:
    :cool: Rumble On With Your Bad Self! :cool:

2. BEADG63

BEADG63 Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Buffalo, NY
    :bassist:SAAAWEEEET!!!! Thank you Linnin sir...you comments on the Fender website were very influential in my ultimate choice of cab and amp. I racked my brain for 16 months trying to narrow it down, and I truly believe I made a wise
    choice. Thanks to all here as well for your exhaustive (and entertaining) commentary on our mutual love of these products. :woot::thumbsup:

JakobT, GregT and Linnin like this.
  3. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    :bassist:Rumble Love! :bassist:

DerekW and Shooz like this.
  4. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    We don't actually NEED'em, but that doesn't mean we don't want'em! :hyper:

5. BEADG63

BEADG63 Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Buffalo, NY
    Exactly! They will be up next weekend, when we next rehearse; them with their same old stuff, me with my NEW RUMBLES!!!!

JakobT and Linnin like this.
  6. Sleedo

Sleedo

Feb 1, 2008
    CT
    Just picked up a Rumble 40 last night, traded in an Acoustic B15 (26lbs!) at GC for this 18lb beauty and gained at least 2x the volume. Will be playing with the tone controls for a while to find my sound but initial impressions are that the Rumble is voiced quite low for a practice amp IMO. Rolled off the Bass and Low Mids to tame the boom of my P w/flats last night jamming with my friend who loves his Tele twangy. Lugging my gear back upstairs afterwards was never so easy, one trip and done. Here's a pic on top of my GK MB115 which will probably never leave the house again now that I have a lightweight amp that can hang with the guys I usually jam with. Happy to join the Rumble club!

GregT and Linnin like this.
  7. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Welcome to the Fender Rumble Club, @Sleedo! :woot: You are member #572 :hyper: :cool: Rumble On! :cool:

Sleedo likes this.
  8. Gee Phil

Gee Phil

Aug 8, 2014
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Hey Gents,

Question: Does anyone know if the Fender Rumble 40 is ported?
    I love my two Rumble 115 cabs and I'm looking at purchasing a Rumble 40 Combo for practicing.

Linnin likes this.
  9. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Yep, sure is! Rumble™ 40 (V3), 120V, Black/Silver | Fender Bass Amplifiers
    'Compact and lightweight (18 pounds) ported enclosure with removable grille'

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  10. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

11. Gee Phil

Gee Phil

Aug 8, 2014
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Thanks Linnin, I knew you'd have the answer.
    Thanks for the link.
    Hey Super_Freak the link Linnin sent me does say it's ported behind the cover.

Linnin likes this.
  12. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    The Rumble 15 combo is a sealed cabinet. All other Rumbles, whether combos or extension speaker cabinets are front ported.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  13. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Here's a Fender Rumble promotional shot from 2014. You really get a feel for the relative size between the Rumble 15; 25, 40, and 100 combos on the front line.
    fender-rumble-200-v3-3_1_zpstxdtlgo8.jpg

theevilplankton and Scatabrain like this.
  14. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    does the 15 come with a belt clip?

15. Kevins1701

Kevins1701 Supporting Member Commercial User

May 20, 2015
    Seal Beach, CA
    Owner, BassBooks.com
    BF_RumbleA_small.jpg BF_RumbleB_knobs2_small.jpg

BLACKFACE IT!

I like my Rumble 500 Combo, but it had a little cosmetic dissonance going. Fender borrows styling details from various eras of its history for these amps, but to my eye black Tolex and silver grille cloth recall the classic mid-'60s look. And the flat logo, cutout corners and cream knobs didn't hang with that. The handle also looked a little foreign. Turns out they're all easily and cheaply fixed, using genuine Fender parts, and the changes are all reversible.

The signature lipped corners to use are the "flat" ones, without the dished screw holes, Fender part #0991348000. They like one of their screws in a slightly different spot, and they're shaped for slightly thicker cabinet lumber, but I like the change. I looked at lots of pictures of '60s Fender amps to get the right orientation of the Blackface logo (#0994093000), and of course, logo placement from the factory was all over the map! The skirted 1-10 knobs (the small ones, 7/8-inch across the base, #0054419049, not the common 1-3/16 size) push right on to the Rumble pot shafts. I oriented mine with the mid-point ("5.5") straight up beneath the control label. Finally, the proper Blackface handle (#0990947000) fits right on using the original Rumble screws.

I have a set of tilt-back legs (the large, 19-inch size, #0990713000) and they will probably go on eventually. But those change the rules by requiring holes drilled in the amp sides. For now, the better integrated Blackface theme makes me smile.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Rizillin, blondmix3, jp58 and 11 others like this.
  16. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Indeed - the same as with the other v3 Rumbles. The grille is easily removed to reveal the port in all its glory. :)

G-Dog likes this.
  17. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    the power cord is all wrong. It should be wired directly into the amp and the sheath should be cloth. And, have you checked the feet to see if they are period correct?

nonrappingJZ and Scott Truesdell like this.
  18. ryan520

ryan520

Jun 14, 2015
    #573 AND #550? No wonder the Fender Rumble Club is the fastest growing club on Planet Earth!

Miles_ONeal, GregT and Linnin like this.
  19. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Oops! Missed that one! OK undone.

Miles_ONeal and MrNylon like this.
  20. My girlfriend is always period correct. I don't even try to argue.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021