Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Oh! I just realized you are a fellow lefty :thumbsup: Even better :cool:
    039p1_zpsfd0c3fb9.jpg
    2012 Left Handed Fender American Standard Jazz Bass
    and
    080p1_zpsf11721b3.jpg
    Left Handed 1976 Fender Precision Bass. Ordered new in 1975. First modified in 1985: Shaved Neck with custom made stainless steel nut; Mirror Pick Guard, Seymour Duncan Quarter-Pounder, DiMarzio "Split P's", and original cast brass BadAss bridge. Volume & Tone controls for each pair of pick-ups.

Yahboy, kwaping, Shooz and 1 other person like this.
  2. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Yeah! Are left handed bass players also called south paws as some drummers do?

Great pictures and bass guitars. Cool you've kept that 76 Fender for 40 years, looks great.

Linnin likes this.
  3. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Yes, we are all 'south paws'. ;)

4. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    So that was right. Or left. Whatever :p

Here's mine:

20150421-IMG_0513.jpg

Yahboy and Linnin like this.
  5. Tad

Tad Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Boise, Idaho
    I really like the strap on your P, Linnin.

Linnin likes this.
  6. Mattrill

Mattrill facebook.com/dayshazy

Feb 20, 2015
    London
    hey guys thinking of buying a rumble stack and play a rick through it. I got the 100v3 Combo and I love it. With my jazz it sounds so good.

anyone ever run a rick through one of these bad boys

Yahboy and Linnin like this.
  7. NightCat

NightCat

Apr 4, 2013
    Oregon
    I'm about ready to join the club! I'm heading to the local shop to pick up a new Rumble 40. Right now I have an SWR Workingman's 12 and my beloved B100R. I don't need two amps in the same weight class... I'm ditching the WM12 because I'll never sell the B100R.

I need a highly portable amp to jam with acoustic guitars and play with my Dad, who is an Old Time fiddler. My Dad's 92 so when I say "old time" I mean it! He can still saw out the old tunes though. As small as the WM12 looks to us it still looks like I parked a tank in his living room.

I'll try to post a pix this weekend.
    ~NC

Linnin likes this.
  8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    That is actually two Fender straps. One on top of the other. The wide one is a Fender Tweed from about 1985 or so, and the Brown on Gold Fender script is also from the same time period. I simply wove the narrow strap through the wide strap's adjustment slider and then strap locked the two together at both ends. They've been that way for 30 years now.

kwaping and Tad like this.
  9. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I haven't, but run my jazz in rounds and with a pick I go after a very aggressive Rush/Yes sound, and get it with ease through a Rumble 350 head pumping a pair of V2 Rumble 112 Neos. So I say go for it. A Rumble 500 with a pair of 112s for a mini-stack, or a pair 410's for a maxi-stack. Just yell Charge! and mount the attack.

10. NightCat

NightCat

Apr 4, 2013
    Oregon
    Rumble 40 in the trunk. No photographic evidence yet but I's gots it!
    I can't believe how light it is.

Shooz, kwaping and Dash Lashes like this.
  11. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    I had a terrible dyslexic moment there... I read it like this:

:wideyed:

I must get more sleep!

12. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    That's plenty good enough for us, NightCat. :thumbsup: Welcome to the Fender Rumble Club, you are member #422 :hyper:

:D Rumbles Rule! :roflmao:

13. Danomo

Danomo Guest

Apr 25, 2013
    Just added a rumble 410 to the 150 head. I'm fully gig-worthy on bass now. image.jpg

14. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    OK, I just got an answer vis-a-vis the Eminence 12" woofer in the V3 Rumble 112 vs the 12" Eminence woofer in the Rumble 100 1x12 combo. The newly designed Rumble 112 woofer has a 2" voice coil vs 1 1/2" in the Rumble 100. The ceramic ferrite magnet is also larger/heavier, but I have not been informed of the actual weights of each. I feel fortunate to be able to get the information that I do get, so I don't push it. It seems logical that the magnet would be in the neighborhood of twice as large/heavy.

In a direct A/B comparison between the new V3 112 and the V2 112 Neo, I have been told that the Fender design team found that they preferred the new V3 ceramic over the V2 Neo. "It played louder and had a fuller low end response with smoother mids and highs." It's not as light, but it does have a smaller footprint and is $100 less expensive.

So there you go fellow Rumblers, straight from Fender to you with a bit of paraphrase from me.
    :cool: Rumble On! :cool:

chupacerveza, AlexanderB and Yahboy like this.
  15. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    are we all supposed to play Photoshopped amps? have you ever even touched a table saw?

RC52 likes this.
  16. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Thanks, but not exactly sure what to think. Dealers aren't stocking the 112 cabs in stores, so because of the changes to the actual driver any reference by playing a Rumble 100 is useless. ... and I played a rumble 100 today, btw, and aside from it lacking volume, I liked the tone a lot. I'm just not in a mood these days to be a guinea pig by buying cabs sight unseen, but I am very interested in a V3 112.

17. NightCat

NightCat

Apr 4, 2013
    Oregon
    Cool, and Thanks!
    ~NC

Linnin likes this.
  18. Shooz

Shooz

Jun 2, 2013

Linnin, thanks for the research on the 100 combo vs the 112 v3 cab. I originally bought the 100 combo but returned it within a week for the 200 combo, the 100 was awesome I just wanted the extra oomph! As you know, I picked up a 112 cab to pair with my 200 and I'm loving it (will gig it this Wednesday) and would recommend it to anyone. Wish I could have A/B'd them side by side to see if there was a drastic difference, but both provided what they offered and more!

RUMBLES ROCK!

Linnin likes this.
  19. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    See, this is the most important 'inside intel' you can get. There is nothing more important than the personal testimony of real working bass players. We thank for your positive comments, Shooz, and look forward to your gig report. It's you that really rock. Fender Rumbles just help you rock harder and louder with killer tone.
    :bassist: Rumbles Reign :bassist:

RedVee and Shooz like this.
  20. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    I never touch a table saw, but my father in-law use it offen.
    I create the housing, just because the rumble head gloss finishing and it look not nice for me. Fender able to make nice look v3 combo and cab. Why they dint make better look for the head to get matching with the cab?

Din't fender always got lot optional hardware let us choice for modified our stuff, why not do same thing with the amp?

Maybe I think too much, but Nikon japan always like my stupid idea since 2001.

kwaping likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021