Finally got myself a bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WATCHTHECHORD, Nov 6, 2003.

Oct 28, 2003
    Well i must say that i am soooo happy, bought my first bass, i am a beginner, but searched the classifieds here and bought a Warwick FNA JAZZMAN, bought it from BASSCLEFF, man o man does he have a sweet collection of some awesome basses, he gave me a good deal and he did not missrepresent the guitar, this thing is mint just like he said, he even played it for me while i was there...needless to say this site has been so helpful, i will become a supporting member...cant wait for my lessons..thanks to all here!, if u ever need to deal with him trust me u will not be let down, he keeps his stuff MINT!:D
  2. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    warwick for a first bass? wow
  3. anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    Sweet, congrats man.:bassist:
  4. misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    My thought exactly...:confused:
  5. SilverELEX

Oct 28, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Wow, I wish I had a Warwick for my first bass. I am currently on the search for a good used Warwick Corvette.....
  6. Welcome to the brotherhood! And sisterhood. :D
  7. way to start out with a nice bass. that should save you some money in the long run.
  8. welcome to the lo-end! :cool:

enjoy your stay :D

-- and for the rets of you guys: whats
    wrong with having a good bass for starting off?
    im sure ya'll remember having the unplayable action etc with your low-end basses, right?

9. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Congratulations on your purchase. I wish you the greatest possible enjoyment of your new bass. Playing bass can be a great many things and I hope that it meets your expectations fully.

Good luck and welcome!
  10. Just because someone is new to bass, doesn't mean they have to purchase crappy gear!

Congrats...... and welcome to the world of bass!

11. Wow...your teacher (if you have one) will flip....

Oct 28, 2003
    Thanks to all, you guys really make me feel welcomed here, this is what i love about this site everyone is supportive. Although i had been looking at a brand new '75 reissue Jazz Fender this came along for the right price, and in the condition i wanted it in, and since im a beginner i opted for used (advice from most here) instead. Maybe in about six months or so ill get that Fender. I played the sax before this is a whole different world the low end...again thanks to all....I am writing my check now to become a supporting member.
  13. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I wonder where you can go from here.... At least you wont have G.A.S. for a time :eek: :cool: :D
    With that bass, you wont have to think about a replacemant for at least five (or 10) years - unlike most of us did...
    Congrats! :D

Oct 28, 2003
    I keep reading about G.A.S, what does this mean? been trying to figure it out...hahaha can you tell im a newbie?
  15. misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

BTW, I'm still surprised -- and jealous, really -- that you got a Warwick for your first bass. It sounds like you've already got some music experience, though, and are pretty committed to the instrument. Hope it works out for you!

Welcome to the club...

16. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    So, now we are trying to delude ourselves, eh? :D

It doesn't matter what you start with. GAS is always waiting to strike.
  17. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Well, consider the age of the beginner...

If the beginner is a kid having his first bass bought with his newspaper route monies, sure, a Squier or some other cheapo beginner instrument's in order.

WTC, on the other hand, is an adult. SInce he's got the money, it's all right for him to start with the best instrument he can afford. It'll probably help him stay committed to learning it, since he's made a bigger investment.

Congrats on the first bass. Get some lessons to get you going in the right direction and just one tip: don't let your left thumb hang over the neck. :bassist:

18. Sax, eh? I got the feeling you'll be laying down some cool grooves with that kind of background to incorporate into your bass playing!

Welcome to TB!

19. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    New York City, NY
    First, let me thank you WTC - I truly appreciate your enthusiasm about your purchase (BTW, y'all, he got his Corvette FNA Jazzman from me).

Folks, this is a guy with a fire in him to learn bass. He's gonna be a monster one day real soon! It gets me psyched to meet people like this. I am very glad that this instrument found a home with someone that has the fire in him. They really deserve each other.

I have a lot (or not enough, point of view really) of other basses - I wanted to try a Warwick, but it didn't seem to suit me for any other reason than personal preference.
  20. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Too shay. If you start with a naff bass, you get GAS for not so naff basses. So he should get GAS for real good basses like vigiers