1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fist fight at band practice

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jessicabass, Nov 6, 2013.

1. jessicabass

jessicabass

Dec 22, 2009
    ohio
    First that i ever experienced in my years playing.
    A side project that i am in consists of me a female drummer and two brothers at guitar and vocals.
    Usually practice with them is very low key and relaxed but yesterday wow!
    We have been working on two songs for the past 2 weeks and the singer still wasnt coming up with lyrics because of basically his own laziness and making excuses.
    We start the song and he says into the mic cant play that, i havent worked on it still.
    The drummer throws her sticks at him and yells its been two f'ing weeks! You dont even play an instrument thats all you have to do is write something!
    Singer yells back you stupid b***h! If all i had to do was put out to someone and didnt have to work for a living maybe i would have!
    Needless to say it happend so fast but she came from behind the drum set and pow right in the mouth.
    Singer went down and she jumped on top of him and me and his brother pulled her off.
    But afterwards the singer sporting a fat lip and the drummer with a welt on her cheek we were all drinking beers and laughing and having the best time we ever had playing music together.
    Anyone had this happen before?
    Guess just sometimes people need to blow off steam to relax.

2. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Singer deserved it sounds like.

3. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough

Sep 30, 2012
    Portland, Oregon USA
    I'm in love with your drummer.;)

4. Maybe start filming your rehearsals? There's big bucks in reality TV.

5. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    My kinda gal!

6. Fat Steve

Fat Steve The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.

F'n epic! Sounds like a good time.

7. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Would have been cooler if the singer was female as well.

8. I thought this story was going down the road of the two brothers going at it and I was going to suggest leaving Oasis or the Black Crowes for another band.
    Didn't see this one coming. I'm glad you folks got over this hump.

9. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    2r7oehj.

10. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    I clobbered the whiny singer once. It was inevitable; as the guitarist put it: "Man, you just got too close."

As I recall, it was just before the band broke up. :meh:

11. marko138

marko138

May 24, 2013
    Perry County PA
    I almost got into a fist fight with my singer once. But then I didn't.

12. I don't wanna advocate violence, but I think we would all be much more carefull about what we do and say if we thought we might get punched in the mouth.

I once got popped in the nose. The lesson I learned was to not push people to the point that they lose it and pop you in the nose.

13. She sounds awesome!

14. Flabass

Flabass

Aug 11, 2008
    St. Petersburg
    Down goes the singer, Down goes the singer.

15. nojj

nojj Guest

May 20, 2013
    pix..........you know the drill.

16. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

Apr 2, 2013
    Tennessee
    Wait . . . how did she get a welt on her cheek? Did he pop her back?

17. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    I might have to side with the singer on this one. As the chief lyric writer for my band, I can't just sit down and write decent lyrics any old time. My best work is always spawned from boredom. Unfortunately, I don't have much free time to become bored these days.

There was a time when my guitarist did not work and lived with his parents. He didn't understand why I couldn't devote my entire weekend to band stuff. It didn't matter how often I told this guy that I had things to do, it went in one ear and out the other. I finally had to get mean and yell, "I don't have a mother to do my laundry and cook my meals! I'm an adult and have other stuff going on besides being in a band!"

I don't know the whole story, but perhaps your singer felt he had to be a d*** to get a point across. Then again, maybe he is just a d***. In any case I would not put up with violence, even if it is female on male.

18. jessicabass

jessicabass

Dec 22, 2009
    ohio
    Alot of times we do video record our practice, would have been great if that was one of the days.

19. jessicabass

jessicabass

Dec 22, 2009
    ohio
    From what she said he forearmed her in the face when they went down.
    I have to say at first i was in a little shock, but afterword we all can laugh about it.

20. jessicabass

jessicabass

Dec 22, 2009
    ohio
    I think it was both their faults for letting the anger build and explode rather than asking questions first.
    Although the singer is a bit of a well...... IMO