Fodera Essence.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
  2. Budget Fodera :meh:
    Jumbo shrimp :)
    New & improved :D

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    lmao.

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I guess those Essence basses are running $4,000-$5,000 instead of $7,000-$9,000.:cool: Either way, that would be car or house down payment money for me.:D

I'm not knocking anyone who makes that move. As a guy who plays for free, it just wouldn't make sense for me.

5. Ditto. I always say I wouldn't dare play a Fodera; I'd be afraid to discover they're actually worth it, which would be a bad thing for me. ;)

6. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Inactive

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Hmmm i have the feeling that there are going to come with the black headstock I hate to pieces wich wont match at all with the rest of the bass...

7. Flounder102Bass

Flounder102Bass

Jul 6, 2008
    where do i find fodera bass strings at?

8. now i can almost afford one... almost. looks as if they wont have a lame headstock laminate. they said they aren't cutting any corners.

9. brianh

brianh

Aug 19, 2005
    NYC
    Endorsing: Epifani Amplification
    Save your money...but another high bass used for 1/3 the money. Look into Elrick, Sukop, Roscoe, F bass, R Bass....they're all just as good and there is no price comparison at all.

10. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Palm Bay, FL
    darn...would loved to have seen them do this with the emperor vice the imperial

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I hear they squeeze it out of Gelflings.

12. Will we ever see a "Metro" Fodera, I wonder :bag:

13. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Where did you guys see the headstock? I clicked on the link provided by the OP and couldn't see the headstock from there.

If the bass pictured is an example of the Essence line, wow!

I still can't and wouldn't be able to afford one anytime soon.

14. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001

Jesus people get over yourselves. The reason one buys these instruments is because they are made by Vinny Fodera and Joey Lauicella. To that end the basses are made by highly skilled craftsman who are world renowned for thier work. There is a reason for a huge back log at thier factory. If you want an elrick or whatever go buy one. If you want a Fodera go buy one. Things cost money. End of story.

15. Flounder102Bass

Flounder102Bass

Jul 6, 2008
    :eyebrow:are daddario are good or not?:

16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The fact that it's not pictured is what makes me (and others here) think it will likely have a non-matching headstock. Both the Roscoe and Benavente "economy" models don't have a matching headstock to save on time and money. Not that it would change how great the bass probably is, but some really dislike the looks of non-matching headstocks (including me).

17. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Do you have any idea what you're doing? :D

18. Jules Forcella

Jules Forcella

Aug 28, 2005
    Frankfurt a.M. / Deutschland
    Endorsing Artist: AccuGroove
    to me it just looks like an Imperial without a fancy top.....the rest looks like a "normal" fodera.... will that be much more cheaper ?

19. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It doesn't appear that the goal will be to make a "cheaper" Fodera- just a more time-effective one that will help reduce their backlog.

20. Jules Forcella

Jules Forcella

Aug 28, 2005
    Frankfurt a.M. / Deutschland
    Endorsing Artist: AccuGroove
    ok - you're right !

but what do you think what the price will be of a Bass like that ? Because I can't imagine that they'll charge 4.000-5.000 for a Bass like that (as it's said above) ..... if so it'll be a great hot deal to order it from Europe these days :)

I'm just wondering :)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021