1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Future bass choice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sublab, Oct 31, 2010.

1. I'm looking into getting my main axe and keeping my Warwick Rockbass Corvette 4 string as a back up. I've been playing on and off for the past 18 years, using Yamaha and Ibanez. My band plays experimental rock, trying out just about anything that we can get out of our instruments and effects. So I'm playing a fairly cheap bass right now and it has no punch or bottom - my old Laney amp (to be replaced by a Gallien Krueger 700RB-II/210 combo) is not very helpful. I never had a high end bass and having a budget of about 1300 dollars will not get me one, but there are some basses around (second hand or new!) that I would want to know more about, so any advise is welcome!

SBMM Ray 34
    SBMM SB14
    Sandberg California
    Warwick Corvette $$

I love the SBMM sound but it seems to have 'that' sound no matter what your eq set up is, and versatility is what I need foremost. Sandberg looks and listens great. The Warwick seems great but I'm curious to what actual owners may feel about its presence in a mix, as it seems to have less character than SBMM or Sanberg.

I slap, pick and finger. I don't have a ton to spare on a set of bass guitars to cover my wants and needs, so one 'very' good allrounder will have to do.

Thanks for any advise!!!!:bassist:

2. Warwicks cut like nobodys buisness. However their necks are not for everybody,and neither is their weight,but will give you growl and punch for days.

I don't think wicks lack any character.

I would say go for that or the sandberg.