1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GC used inventory down substantially?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by the federalist, Mar 25, 2020.

1. somebrains

somebrains Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2017
    If people shift into survival mode it makes little sense for GC to do anything but watch and wait for the moment to shrink.

The belief that drives reordering priorities tends to shift value rapidly.
    Take a look at FS posts here from 2008-2011.

GC wouldn't buy now in event their low-ball buy price ends up flipping to a I've their sell price

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Be my guest.:D

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I am not knocking anybody using a mask or gloves. I wear a mask pretty often in public, and really sources note that masks can keep droplets from being breathed in. Personally, I have noticed less of a tendency to touch my face when I wear a mask. Unconscious face touching is a real concern for me in a store of any kind. Folks says masks can be faulty or misused. As one person said, hand washing can be done improperly too, but no one is going to discourage it, thank goodness. Finally, all of the countries with the lowest rates of transmission are Asian societies where mask wearing is common. I think places like Japan, South Korea, and Hong Kong, are worth copying at this time.

I just wanted to add my view. Ultimately, be consistent in your precautions, and I pray you survive this pandemic.

4. ajkula66

ajkula66

Sep 23, 2016
    NEPA
    Why thank you kind sir...:thumbsup:

However, I already bought myself an early birthday gift so I'm good for now...

Although there is a fretless Pedulla on my local CL that made me think about you more than once...:bassist:

Stay well.

tindrum and Dr. Cheese like this.
  5. Acorn to Oak

Acorn to Oak

Mar 13, 2020
    I bought a used (hardly) amp head and cab the day before the lockdown. Got a courier booked to collect. It got collected and now sits in a warehouse 450 miles from me with no delivery schedule. So close to thunder, yet I only feel the rain.

tindrum likes this.
  6. levis76

levis76 Defender of the Low Ender Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Yes Doc, you nailed it exactly. Even the folks that are wearing scarves or bandannas and safety glasses, it isn’t so much to ‘filter’ their breathing, but more a reminder not to touch their own faces.

7. All 3 NH stores are open. I was in Nashua yesterday. That's because the state of NH has not issued an order for non essential businesses to close where other states like MA, CT, and NY. I don't know about RI, VT or ME. Those stores inventories are not showing but those stores states don't have non essential close orders.

8. Nashua NH store has closed as of today. The mayors of Manchester NH and Nashua NH are petitioning the governor of NH to close all NH non essential business to slow down the spread of the virus. As of now the Manchester NH and Portsmouth NH store are still open. But that may change real fast. So get what you need. ASAP.

Malak the Mad likes this.
  9. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

"Responsible Public Servants" being responsible. :thumbsup:

Mike Whitfield likes this.
  10. Malak the Mad

Are you serious?! Oh, for Bob's sake, people! :facepalm:

Anything that may have come into contact with your breath, mucous and/or saliva is, technically speaking, "biohazardous waste". If not disposed of properly, that waste can pose just as much of a threat, or possibly more to the people who have to collect it, as a dirty shopping cart. Talk about "half-steps"! :rolleyes:

Mike Whitfield and Fresh Eddie like this.
  11. N4860

N4860

Mar 28, 2017
    Kitchener
    Yeah it's pretty messed up. I feel bad for whoever has to go and clean it all up in the parking lots each night.

12. Realmongo

Realmongo

Jan 13, 2020
    Western Mass
    Nope not shocked, just surprised they are not being used as remote warehouses since UPS and FedEx trucks show no sign of slowing down. What really makes no sense though, is that although the GC store is in lock-down, the large super package store next to it is considered "Essential" and is in full operation jammed with patrons.

Mike Whitfield likes this.
  13. Malak the Mad

On a national level, shipments and deliveries are slowing down. UPS is suspending their delivery guarantees, since they can't say with certainty when packages will be delivered and Amazon is putting the brakes on non-essential shipments from their third-party "Fulfilled-By-Amazon" vendors.
    I see it playing out to this tune…

"Hey, guys & gals…Guitar Center is closed for the foreseeable future."
    :crying:

"Oh, and all the liquor stores are closing, too."
    :eek: :jawdrop: :wideyed: :bawl: :rage: o_O :mad: :banghead: vddCeWr.gif

It's times like this that make me really glad I'm a teetotaler. :bored:

tindrum likes this.
  14. Acorn to Oak

Acorn to Oak

Mar 13, 2020
    I smell some Hooch cookin’ ;)

15. As of 12 midnight tomorrow all G.C.'s in New England will be closed. The governor of NH just ordered all non essential businesses to close. Stay at home ordered for NH. God help us all!

16. Malak the Mad

Live free (inside your homes) or die! :cautious:

DrMole likes this.
  17. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    I wonder how GC/Musician's Friend online is still open? California, Kansas City, MO and Indiana host their warehouses, but all those places are all under Shelter in Place orders.
    Nonetheless, I wouldn't want to order a used guitar off the wall, all groped up and most likely contaminated. Those slick, painted, plastic and metal surfaces hold the virus for quite a bit longer than the box it was shipped in.

18. Realmongo

Realmongo

Jan 13, 2020
    Western Mass
    I like that!:laugh:

19. Mike Whitfield

Mike Whitfield SUSPENDED

Apr 10, 2019
    I love mine, great store and super people. Not that big on basses though.

tindrum likes this.
  20. somebrains

somebrains Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Tell that to the guys at my local gun store when the owner salivated over the thought of me bringing in a bunch of inventory I don't need.

Literally people in line outside were trying to buy things off me as if they were in the trunk of my car.

bigtone23 likes this.