1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Genzler Amplification Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Discount Saint, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Tonight’s office with The Swansons

E4D0C1C2-8C45-4F82-B7F1-6C797D6DAE71.

Canyon Club, Agoura Hills, CA

kevk, MAXSPINRUN, loopee and 8 others like this.
  2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    I'm just saying he's potentially putting his 1x12 at risk unless it is a super12 cab (as we say) &/or he's knows what the cab can take without damage!
    ...better safe now, than sorry later.

Loring likes this.
  3. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    That looks bada@@!

Old man rant: I hope you guys that are rocking these larger rigs (Genzler or not) are wearing hearing protection?!

My little 2 x 10-2 stack can easily get loud enough to where I start “feeling it” in my ears. These 3 x 12-3 stacks or the new 4x10 cab must be able to get stupid loud. Be careful, please!!

Rant over.

Now GET OFF MY LAWN.

4. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    OH! Forgot to add: I'm definitely a slight Drive Channel with B Contour kinda guy. But last night it was sounding particularly honky. (The group I was playing with tunes down a half step which doesn't help. Hate tuning down. It's like playing under water. And it increases that honky-ness, IMO.) Not good.

I was fiddling with the EQ knobs until I finally decided to hit the reset button. As in, I went completely clean with knobs at noon. And BAM!, instant success. I just took out a little Bass (like 11:45-ish) and the bass tone was thick and full and punchy and just ooooooohhhh soooooo good!

Only thing is think my line out was Post so the sound guys were prolly cursing my name during the first half of the show.

svtb15 and Fred312b like this.
  5. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler Commercial User

Feb 9, 2007
    Brooklyn NY
    Currently GENZLER AMPLIFICATION / Formerly GENZ BENZ
    Its interesting how you're micing it. What's it like if you pull it away about a foot?

BTW, heading out right now to the Adirondacks so I'll be off the grid for a week. Talk amongst yourselves...... I'll check back down the road.:hyper:

svtb15, s0707, grimmchaos and 7 others like this.
  6. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Have a good vacation! We’ll try not to screw things up too much while unsupervised :D

svtb15, BadExample, loopee and 2 others like this.
  7. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I wasn’t in charge of mic placement, nevertheless, got a “that’s a great sounding bass amp” from the sound guy.

BadExample and Fred312b like this.
  8. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    None
    Been using a Three Twelve set up since I got my Genzler MG 800. But it is two Schroeder Cabs, One Dual 12" and One Single 12". Both those cabs are 8 ohms each and rated at 103 and 102 Spl, respectively. And that rig will get loud, but I keep the Gain and the master usually at about 1/6 to 1/5 up, and covers easily, never had it up much more that that, even outdoors.
    DSC00755.JPG

But I have added a Three Ten Epifani into the stack before and it gets massive.
    2016-03-23_13-22-51_821.

9. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Ah-my OCD!!! ;)

BadExample and Loring like this.
  10. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    95 degrees. Humid as sh@t. MG800 and a 10-2 stack in the direct sunlight on a black stage for well over two hours.

Not a hiccup. Beautiful, clear, deep tone that both cut through and didn’t get in the way.

I’ve owned lotsa gear. And most of it has been stellar. But the Genzler stuff is a clear cut above.

11. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    How this thread will look when @Jeff Genzler gets back:

upload_2018-7-1_9-20-8.

12. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    My MG350 combo got rained on. Shook the ground after.

13. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    None
    Maybe OCD.....

Three Twelves, and Three Tens....... I used to power all that with a Crown XLS 1500.......Just remember there are folks still out there hauling Ampeg Refrigerators with eight tens around routinely. Or dual four ten Aguliar Cabs and an old Aggie tube head. Been on a stage set up with a few, and they get real interested when they see the MG 800 and the Schroeder cabs, especially once they hear it.

14. Nightman

Nightman If it ain't low, it's got to go! Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I've owned the Magellan 800 since 2016, so I suspect adding this BA410-3 gives me a pretty nice, and loud, Genzler rig!! :thumbsup:

IMG_0721.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  15. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    That is my rig of choice.. It move lots of air.. with clarity too!!

16. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Rig shot from the dry farmers market.
    AD16AC19-A68D-40C7-AE36-A969BB4AD831.
    And the same rig later that day (tKen from the cab of my truck) getting soaked under a tarp.
    B8C9DEA2-E8DC-4111-9A6C-E51F97E83A66.
    Dryer it off and it worked like a charm.

17. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I used my Genzler 350 combo last night at the biggest church in our area just see how big a difference it would be over their older bass amp rig. Lets just say that the Pastor came up to me last night after service and said for to order one for their church. Everyone in the band was raving how they could hear every note clearly and that it punches so hard. So I just placed an additional order for a 350 stack through BSO and should have it this week. These Array and Genzler heads are amazing and make a huge difference.

lo-freq, Loring, noahw1 and 2 others like this.
  18. gl1234

gl1234

Aug 7, 2015
    Got my BA 10-2 cover from Jeff, really nice quality.

3121132E-130F-4549-8168-935D7625D27D.
    824136A1-161D-40F2-BAF8-BD26901AE549.

Attached Files:

Loring, Nightman, S-Bigbottom and 4 others like this.
  19. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Those are really nice covers. How are you liking the 350 and 10-2 cabs? I'm amazed at what they can do in tone, punch and low end.

20. gl1234

gl1234

Aug 7, 2015
    Truth be told i am now using a different amp with the BA10-2 cab. I am using one higher powered amp that would cover anything i might do; my simple minded brain likes one amp for everything. That said the MG-350 is an excellent amp and of course sounds great with the BA10-2 as did my Shuttle 3.0 and 6.2.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018