1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Genzler Amplification Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Discount Saint, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Nice! I'm playing at Drums and Flats in Ajax this Friday. Both cabs will be soaring.

Loring likes this.
  2. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    That’s how I feel about my 10-2’s.

Except the 10-2’s are REALLY lightweight!

Loring, svtb15 and campbems like this.
  3. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I took just 1 of my 10-2's and the Genzler 350 head this past Sunday night to the biggest church in our area to try and show them how bad they need to upgrade their bass rig lol. Let's just say the Band was glowingly saying how for the first time they could hear every note clearly and with power and punch. As I was walking out the door with my little 350 combo the Pastor come up to me and said for me to order 1 for the church that way I didn't have to pack mine back and forth. They was more than impressed.

Loring, Holdsg, svtb15 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Nightman

Nightman If it ain't low, it's got to go! Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    THUNDEROUS!!!! :wideyed:
    Clearly a stack meant to be used only outside or in a large venue!! My garage door rattled and it was too loud for me to stand comfortably in front of with my short 10 ft cable. I only had the volume at 3/4 and the gain up 1/2. Way too much sound for my two-car garage with the door fully open!

If ever I needed to drown out a band at an outside gig, I know what to use!! :laugh:

IMG_0727.

Loring, revroy, S-Bigbottom and 5 others like this.
  5. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler Commercial User

Feb 9, 2007
    Brooklyn NY
    Currently GENZLER AMPLIFICATION / Formerly GENZ BENZ
    Nice, but don't rock this rig too close to that bag of charcoal in your garage. Might be create unintended combustion ;). Thanks for using our gear.

Loring, Holdsg, Nightman and 8 others like this.
  6. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Just got the first part of the new Rig the Church I play at ordered. This is the Genzler 350 Combo and will be getting another 10-2 cab to make a stack.

IMG_2980.JPG

Loring, Holdsg, Nightman and 3 others like this.
  7. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    I don't think i need any more than my 410-3.. I've never said that before..
    BUT IF I DID, I would do the same as you with a Slant BA112 cab....

Loring, Holdsg, SadowskySteve and 3 others like this.
  8. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

May 20, 2002
    Provided content for Genzler Amplification
    It's Kingsford, so it won't light. <burn>
    Good to see the Genzler club is growing.

gclark51, Loring, Nightman and 2 others like this.
  9. Nightman

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    You got that right!! I had to shut it down before it did damage to the finished ceiling in the garage and annoyed my next door neighbor who lives a couple of hundred yards away through the woods!!!

Excellent gear, Jeff!! :thumbsup:

10. Nightman

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    :laugh::roflmao::laugh:
    The key to getting them to burn is to first soak them in lighter fluid!!! :laugh:

11. RColie

RColie Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    I'll tell you what...those BA10-2s defy logic. I've been using one or two of them (driven by the MG350) with two guitars, keyboards, and electronic drums and they fit perfectly in the mix; very punchy, plenty of lows, clear, no boom at all. I also have an MG800 and BA12-3SLT which I also love. Both of these rigs get nothing but high praise from the band. I want to try the MG350 combo on top of the BA112-3SLT...I've read good reports on this combination. Jeff, after many years of using Genz Benz gear, thanks for outdoing yourself once again.

Bob

lo-freq, Holdsg, svtb15 and 4 others like this.
  12. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler Commercial User

Feb 9, 2007
    Brooklyn NY
    Currently GENZLER AMPLIFICATION / Formerly GENZ BENZ

Thanks Bob, your support and comments are greatly appreciated. It is gratifying that we still have something to offer after so many decades of doing this. I certainly enjoy the interactions with our users and how that fuels continued product development.

S-Bigbottom, Holdsg, s0707 and 5 others like this.
  13. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    Sorry to get off topic for a moment, but I just had to say those are 2 beautiful dogs in your avatar. Ok, now back to Genzler products.

RColie and BadExample like this.
  14. RColie

RColie Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Thank you! They are Eurasiers, and are great dogs in every way.

The black and tan male likes the BA12-3SLT...deep, authoritative chest-thumping tone while remaining clear and articulate.
    The cream female likes the BA10-2...slightly higher voiced with a sweet, expressive tone.
    My cat (not pictured) likes to sleep on the Genzler carry bag for the MG350 combo...it's so sturdy that it holds her weight even when it's empty.

Jeff's gear has been fully integrated into the household!

Bob

loopee, s0707, Loring and 4 others like this.
  15. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    Lol! Well that's a good way to keep it on topic. :thumbsup:

RColie likes this.
  16. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    Beautiful pooches, Bob.

RColie and svtb15 like this.
  17. Hey Loring, looking forward to your Gig report! I really like the two cabs set up.

Just a heads up on the config. I've tried and tried and found I like the SLT on the bottom. Seems to couple better. Also, if you not in then FOH I've had issues where the Genzler projects better and stronger than the mains resulting in a heavier bass mix (i.e. bass is too loud complaints) right at the back of the room. hehe I put those on ignore.

Loring, BlueLou and revroy like this.
  18. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I got to try out my Genzler 350 stack with 2 of the 10-2 arrays last night at a outside Tent Revival with a full band consisting of loud drums, Electric Guitar and vocals. Had someone record the event and the bass come through perfectly at barely around 60% max volume and no FOH for the bass. The person recording was proabably at around 100ft away and it sounded so buttery and smooth tone wise with clarity and punch. This little stack amazes me at what it does.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    BlueLou, revroy, BadExample and 5 others like this.
  19. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I’ve had good luck so far with justvthe combo...but I am tempted to make it even better with a mini stack. Maybe if the trio takes off and we get some gigs.

BlueLou, revroy, campbems and 2 others like this.
  20. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    So is it pronounced “Jenzler” or “Genzler”? Other than that, another glowing review...

Loring, svtb15, revroy and 1 other person like this.