1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genzler Amplification Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Discount Saint, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    MAXSPINRUN and campbems like this.
  2. Loring

Loring

May 4, 2017
    Ontario
    On the slant ad - you probably mean the cab has no issues... key word no is missing ;)

Fred312b likes this.
  3. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Seller apparently has some issues :D

Wicked G, Loring and S-Bigbottom like this.
  4. ferarayabass

ferarayabass

Mar 28, 2017
    Chile
    IMG_0429.

From the last weekend gig!

Greetings from Chile

5. Nightman

Nightman If it ain't low, it's got to go! Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I only play 5'ers and have not experienced any issues with the low B not being sonic through the Genzler rigs I own! I can't say enough about the 350 Combo stacked on a BA12-3! If you need louder, then maybe the MG800 with two BA12-3 stacked. If you are looking for total sonic heaven, then the MG800 though the BA410-3! I would also recommend you purchase ear protection!! Wait! Is that my phone ringing?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  6. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / DARKGLASS / KEELEY / TEMPLEBOARDS / KIRLIN CABLE
    Outdoor show tonight. 700+ strong!!!
    My Genzler rig continues to amaze!!!

9EBC4A51-6A3A-41C8-A65C-9D59C639BC9D.

pjbassist, osv, Slaymus and 8 others like this.
  7. Cool rig! Those Sadowsky basses look real good too!

:bassist:

Joeykun likes this.
  8. berman3313

berman3313 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic
    JK (and Genzler members) - I am amazed that more live rigs aren't sporting Genzler gear. When I watch summer livestream feeds like LOCKN (this weekend) and Peach Fest, etc I see an assortment of "other" amp/cab gear that I'd describe as "meh". What can we do to spread the gospel beyond these wonderful pages?

Loring, Joeykun and S-Bigbottom like this.
  9. Mark 63

Mark 63 Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Connecticut
    With a 2-channel power amp (QSC GK7), is it ok to plug 1 channel into a BA410 (4 ohms) and 1 channel into a BA12-3 (8 ohm)? How about running the second channel into 2 BA12-3 cabinets? The QSC doesn't have an ohm switch. It would be more volume than I'm likely to need anytime soon, but I'm curious.

10. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Played outside (jazz quartet with guitar and vibes) for the street fair. Sounded good, but it was windy (maybe that has nothing to do with it) so it seemed like the MG350 Combo was just a little less than what I needed. Another BA10 would probably do the trick.

11. @Loring and all, Did the mid boost bump per Loring's updated suggestion and wowzers!

Had a small club gig last night and used my Sadowsky NYC PJ for the entire gig and a single SLT BA-12 which was on the floor. Just killer tone all night long. Had the club packed and the make shift dance floor was loaded all night.

Really digging the mid boost bump. A contour at 9 o'clock. and mid and mid boost at 2pm. Just a bit of bass past 12:30. The Sadowsky has a VTC and had that rolled off a bit.

It was such a good idea catching Loring at a gig to hear how his Genzler rig was sounding. (it was great).

12. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I think you have to appreciate that the touring artist is getting his rig largely for free from whoever's sponsoring him. And I also think you have to appreciate that a small biz like Genzler is not in the position to do that all the time.
    Having said those 2 things, I do think its only a matter of time the word spreads broader than the TB cognoscenti.
    One gig and one bass player at a time, my good man.

13. RColie

RColie Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I've been after Sweetwater to pick up the Genzler line for a while now. That would be great exposure for Jeff's products, assuming the economics worked for everyone. If enough of us hit them up maybe they'll pick up the Genzler line.

Bob

pjbassist and Basehead like this.
  14. TheBass

TheBass

Jul 2, 2004
    Germany
    Looks nice, but a bit fragile. I'd be afraid to tower them like that on stage.

15. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    Sweetwater is probably the best "mega store" right now. I still like to support local independent owned music stores that carry cool gear you can't get at the mega chain stores. I applaud Jeff for supporting these dealers. Just my 2 cents...

Mark

16. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    It's very solid as the head only weighs 7 pounds.

17. segina

segina

Apr 12, 2019
    Hey all I have been looking at upgrading my amp and really like the Magellan 350 a lot sounds great and so easy to use but it doesn't have an FX loop, Ive never had one before but was wondering how important you guys think it is I really only use overdrive, fuzz and chorus effects for the most part. The Magellan 800 is awesome but way more amp than I need right now. Thanks any thoughts opinions appreciated

Todd Larson likes this.
  18. Loring

Loring

May 4, 2017
    Ontario
    I ended up moving my freq around there also -around 2:30 lights it up in the mix

SadowskySteve likes this.
  19. Loring

Loring

May 4, 2017
    Ontario
    I use effects but not the loop. Everything before the preamp. Having said that - I do like the dirt channel on the 800...

Eventually I will own both the 350 and the 800

segina likes this.
  20. I’m actually running a fairly similar EQ/contour profile, but with the mid freq moved just a little lower...works for hardcore, too!

Loring likes this.