Gig Boards

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Noylin, Dec 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Noylin

Noylin

May 28, 2014
    Cuse
    This is a thread for gig boards - big, small, utility, extreme noise making, let's see 'em. What's going to your next gig? Don't have a board but taking pedals anyway? Let's see those too.

godblender likes this.
  2. Noylin

Noylin

May 28, 2014
    Cuse
    My gig boards change frequently, but a few things are constant: overdrive comes with me on every gig, always, and a high pass filter and light compression are on nearly every gig.

My next couple gigs aren't effect-centric - this is what's going with me to the next one, with a Broughton L+HPF velcro'd in the rack and patched into the effects loop of my preamp.
    image.jpeg

When I do this super mini board, I use a one-spot. The Cali is running on 18v with an external charge pump - adds the slightest bit of noise compared to an isolated power supply but otherwise gets the job done. Here's what's before and after it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Where do you get an external charge pump?

PPB into 5th Gear must great!

4. I think you'll find the majority of people here with pedalboards (who gig) will take the one they post.
    My board does guitar & bass duty, I took it along last wknd to a CD launch.
    20161202_162027_zpsmtr3cajj.jpg

5. Sh*t man, I want a Dingwall

Sartori and TheEmptyCell like this.
  6. Noylin

Noylin

May 28, 2014
    Cuse
    no idea! But I have two of them..... voltage doubler is probably the correct term

7. Noylin

Noylin

May 28, 2014
    Cuse
    Sweet board!

I tried searching prior to posting, but I am guilty of ignoring general post your board threads, I just searched for gig-specific stuff and came up mostly empty

8. Jonny5bass

Jonny5bass

May 3, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Here's my go to gig board. It's about to get switched up though with some additions and subtractions. I'll post the update when it's done.
    IMG_2092.JPG

9. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    This is my gig board. Mostly i use every of pedals, sometimes even half or more. But two or three - JlIXXBwpNtM.jpg often.

10. IMG_2984.JPG Mine has changed since last gig but current format... expression pedal for the PS3 hides in the top of the gator tote bag.

Nunovsky, Sartori, Rumbles and 2 others like this.
  11. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    I recently downsized my board, trying to get my entire load-in reduced to my bass, amp and a pelican case (one-to-two trips).
    IMG_2515.JPG
    IMG_2502.JPG

Engle, Jonny_Orange, Korladis and 5 others like this.
  12. Noylin

Noylin

May 28, 2014
    Cuse
    That Wahoo is larger than I thought it was. Interesting that you have the Trutron on board too.

13. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    the answer is simple - Wahoo goes first - to overdrives, fuzzes, etc. Main fuzzes goes to Tru Tron (LP). And if i want something - i use BP in Mobius's filter. I use Wahoo mainly for wahs, but two filters inside are very good.

Noylin likes this.
  14. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Westchester, NY
    ansonsti likes this.
  15. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    Dave W likes this.
  16. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

No pedalboard, so I use the "floor board". :p

I have over a dozen pedals, but only use 2 or 3 at a time, rotating them from gig to gig. Depends on which band I'm gigging with, what style of music, and what mood I happen to be in.

Here's what I used last gig with my rock band (my busiest band). I almost always use the Darkglass B7K for hard rock, but changed it up. Rundown:
    Tech21 Oxford, Darkglass Vintage Deluxe, Damnation Audio MBD-1. I used the MBD-1 for general-purpose usually-on overdrive, the Vintage for heavier midrange crunch, and the Oxford for aggressive ear-piercing clank.

[​IMG]

I won't name 'em all, but here are a few others that get frequent use:
    • Darkglass B7K or B7K Ultra is my favorite for modern hard rock
    • Creation Audio Grizzly for gentle tube-like OD (classic rock/Motown stuff)
    • Idiotbox Blower Box for low, medium, high, or ultra-high gain overdrive :)
    • Origin Cali76 G-P compressor
    • Empress Compressor (when stage space is too cramped for the Cali)

17. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Gig_Necessites.jpg

...'scuse th' mess... the only two pedals I ever use are in the top left corner of my amp, amidst a jumble of nutrition bars, gum, hydration, and of course, OTC pain relievers.

(an MXR bass chorus deluxe, followed by an MXR compressor, if you're curious...)

18. SLO Surfer

SLO Surfer

Jun 3, 2009
    Los Osos, CA
    IMG_2751.JPG
    Signal path:
    Tuner
    5th gear
    VB-jr blend/looper
    -OC-2
    -filter twin
    -MXR BOD
    -MXR phase 90
    Keeley
    Sansamp

I just moved the 5th gear to after my blender/loop and before the compressor. Think I like it better, but not sure. I probably should just try a grizzly. And an aftershock. And...

19. Luckydog

Luckydog

Dec 25, 1999
    I'm amazed to see how many pedals and effects people use.

Engle, SLO Surfer and birminghambass like this.