1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good bass amp selection in CO...?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jmac006, Apr 20, 2010.

1. jmac006

jmac006

Nov 4, 2008
    So, where's the best place to check out bass gear in Colorado?

My buddy is looking to throw down on a nice bass amp. He's not really a gear-head or anything like that, but we're just looking for a local place that might have a good variety of decent amps he can try out to compare to a crappy GK backline that I currently have.

Any recommendation for an amp you guys wanna throw at me that we should keep an eye out for (around the $1000 mark) would be helpful too.

Thanks everyone!

2. Since the closure of GuitarX a couple of years ago, I think Robb's Music in Boulder is the only preferable alternative to Guitar Center.

3. jmac006

jmac006

Nov 4, 2008
    Thanks Bluesy! I tried the GC on Colorado the other day and it's just severely lacking in the bass dept. Haven't been to Robb's in awhile, but will definitely check it out next time I'm in Boulder.

Any other suggestions from anyone else?

4. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Colorado is a big state.

5. So is Alaska. Do you have other suggestions in Colorado?

6. There's a small place on South Broadway on the left in about the 1500 block, more or less, who has some nice bass stuff, used, but realistically priced. I could take you there, but can't remember exactly the location. Rob's is good for new stuff, and carries Eden.

7. GuitarX used to be located in the 1400 block of South Broadway, but it closed almost two years ago (though it still does internet business). There is Guitars On Broadway at 222 South Broadway. Here is a link:
    http://www.city-data.com/businesses/557259512-guitars-on-broadway-denver-co.html
    They carry some used amps which, of course, is always hit or miss.

8. That could be the place. It was open as recently as December, so can't be the other place, and the proprietor was very nice, knowledgable, and square. The map shows it on the right, on North Broadway, but the place I'm thinking of is on the left, on South Broadway. You go in the door, the counter is on the right, and a door to the left has a room pretty full of equipment. Anyway, I think you have it right. I'm fairly new to Denver (Golden), so I defer.

9. jmac006

jmac006

Nov 4, 2008
    Is it right next to Lord Valve's place? If it is, I think I know what shop you're talking about... big yellow painted sign on the building IIRC. Will have to check that one out for bass stuff too. I know they've got a bunch of vintage guitar gear, but didn't really think to check it for bass stuff. Thanks ugly!