1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gretsch G2202 vs G2210

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dubhnight, Jul 31, 2012.

1. dubhnight

dubhnight

Jul 26, 2012
    I recently got my hands on one of the new G2210 basses from Gretsch, and if you're into shortscale I'd say it's one of the best new basses available in it's price range (I got mine for £190). However, I've heard great things about the earlier version, the G2202, specifically about the TV Jones pickup. I actually bought the G2210 under the impression that it had this same pickup, but recently found out that it hadn't, instead having a Gretsch unit. I was wondering, If anyone has played both, or has good insight into things like this, how these two basses compare, and whether it'd be worth switching the mini humbucker on my Gretsch for the TV Jones.

2. Boomer777

Boomer777

Feb 17, 2011
    Play on.......Think about it! Would Gretsch knowingly sabatoge the next generation of these basses? These are neurotic, fickle, probably can't play a lick types..........Gretsch engineers know their bidnezz